Big Problem!!

JR_Rider

Gawd
yesterday i was tryin to do some oc'ing and i changed the AGP something cant remember exactly what it was, on my Neo2 Platinum, and when it went to restart it never came back on, the computer is on but the screen stays blank and sleep whats the problem could anyone help

read the mobo manual on how to clear your CMOS (or reset your BIOS). Shouldnt take more than 10 secs. your BIOS settings will be restored to the original settings so you will have to go back in and tweak them (if desired). anytime the PC locks up like that just reset the CMOS and check your BIOS settings.

thats the thing, it never boots up or whatever for me to push Delete to enter bios right when i push the button to turn the pc on it comes on but the monitor goes to sleep, and the light turns orange on it.

Solutions said:
read the mobo manual on how to clear your CMOS (or reset your BIOS). Shouldnt take more than 10 secs. your BIOS settings will be restored to the original settings so you will have to go back in and tweak them (if desired). anytime the PC locks up like that just reset the CMOS and check your BIOS settings.

The BIOS reset is on the motherboard. I never had a Neo2, but if it's anything like other MSI boards, there's a button you hold in while you turn on the motherboard and then continue holding it until you hear the beep and your screen turns back on. It will load the defaults. It maybe a jumper on that board...like I said, never had one :). It's actually on your board so you have to take the case apart.

Yes, you do not have to be able to boot or POST to clear the CMOS. Read your documentation and it will show the way. It will be back at default settings when you're done.

i looked in the manual and it didnt say anything about clearing it when it cant boot it just said how to clear it in bios, how am i suppost to clear cmos when nothin comes up? is there a set of buttons i have to push? cause i couldnt find it, how do you do it on yours?

Try taking the battery out of the motherboard (it's round) while you have the power cord disconnected and press the power button a few times to discharge the capacitors. There should be a jumper near the battery also for this. Your motherboard manual will show the proper way to do this.

Yep, the battery trick works. Sometimes there is a jumper to clear the CMOS settings as well. You set the jumper then boot it up. If that's the case with your motherboard just make sure you unset the jumper after it's cleared.

JR_Rider said:
whats the jumper look like? is it a button or something?

Jumpers are little switches. Don't go flipping any unless you're sure of what you're doing. You've read your manual cover to cover? Every motherboard manual I've ever seen has instructions in it for clearning the CMOS.

If the neo2 platinum is anything like my motherboard (which it SHOULD be) then the jumper is called jbat, it has 3 pins and its near the bottom right of the motherboard. Just change the jumper to the only other possible configuration and then start up the computer, then shut it down after a while and set the jumper back to its original possition. Dont take my word for it, check out MSI's website.

ps. I had to dig up my motherboard manual to find that out, then I realized why I hid it. I had thrown up all over it 2 weeks ago when I had the stomach flu but didnt throw it away, so you owe me one :)

Back