BIG screen gaming??

atlwriter

Gawd
I'm looking to buy a big screen DLP LCD HDTV (46" - 50") and was curious if anyone has one. Have you ever run your PC through such a TV for gaming? Got any pics or recommendations on a DLP LCD TV? I plan on using a desktop LCD, like the Dell 2405, most of the time, but it'd be cool to play on a big TV once in awhile, too.

Thanks!!

I recently got a 57" Hitachi WS HDTV. I have only tried BF:V, and it looked ok. It was streached, because BF:V doesnt support WS, and is a pain to get it to work with it. Going to try HL2 as it supports WS out of the box.

1.JPG

2.JPG

The text is hard to read, but the res is so low. That was with an S-Video cable. I have gotten an HDMI cable, and DVI to HDMI converter to go from my card, to TV. Hopefully it will look better, and have a higher res.

Damn, that's cool, even with the stretch effect. Post more pics, if you can!

How are the viewing angles on your screen?

Viewing angles are pretty good.

I couldnt get HL2 to work in the big screen. Kept on giving me some kind of error about the resolution being wrong, and that it would reset it to default. I had either ok, or cancel to choose from. Hitting ok quit the game, and obviously cancel did as well. Tried for about 30 mins, wouldnt work. :(

Back