-bigadv and HFM

djkilla

Weaksauce
I had everything going nicely running -bigadv and monitoring the results in HFM until I had a power outage for 2 hours. I got -bigadv running again but HFM isn't displaying any results. I think the log folder (\\192.xxx.x.xxx\fah\) has changed. Where can I find the new address?

on the VM I'm running it shows the ip a few lines above the console login when loaded up.

Can give your more detail when I get home from work.

You could also do what I do and look in your routers settings. It shows my VM clients IP so I can set it.

*edit*
You can also hit alt+F2 then type in "info", without quotes. Then alt+F1 to get back out.

Last edited:
if your router doesnt have that option, there is a windows CMD line script that takes about 3 minutes but will ping all units on the network and report all replies in a txt file

or you can use a simple freeware app called Network Scanner, its super simple and does the same thing but in like 1 second

You could also do what I do and look in your routers settings. It shows my VM clients IP so I can set it.

*edit*
You can also hit alt+F2 then type in "info", without quotes. Then alt+F1 to get back out.

That's exactly what I was looking for! I hit alt+F2 then typed info, got the address then hit alt+F1 to go back to my folding screen. Thanks!

That's exactly what I was looking for! I hit alt+F2 then typed info, got the address then hit alt+F1 to go back to my folding screen. Thanks!
No problem, always glad to help when I can :).

A suggestion is to use static IP addresses. this way even if the router restarts, the IP addresses of your VMs won't change.

That or give it a hostname. Then you can add it with the hostname instead of the ip and it will find it that way.

based on the folder I'd say the EVGA one, but I'll wait for confirmation

just curious, but which VM are you using?

I'm using the following from the EVGA web site:

VMware Images

Linux FAH Image v1.1 - Includes folding client 6.29

I replaced the VMWare Player 3.0.1 with 3.0.0.

Back