-bigadv, Set yourself up BIG, a users guide

Has anyone tried folding -bigadv units on a vmware ESXi server? The free edition only supports 4 CPUs, so I assume that I would need some major overclocking to get it to work?
I downloaded it a while back when everyone was still only using the 2-core VMware software but never used it. This was over a year ago. Since Player 3.0 can be edited to support up to 8 cores, there's really little need to use another software unless you require support for more than 8 cores. I am not aware of free software that supports more than 8 cores yet, but it would sure be nice to have.

I downloaded it a while back when everyone was still only using the 2-core VMware software but never used it. This was over a year ago. Since Player 3.0 can be edited to support up to 8 cores, there's really little need to use another software unless you require support for more than 8 cores. I am not aware of free software that supports more than 8 cores yet, but it would sure be nice to have.

Player works great on my workstation, but I'd love to run -bigadv on my servers as well, which I am considering to move to ESXi.

Player works great on my workstation, but I'd love to run -bigadv on my servers as well, which I am considering to move to ESXi.
Just so you know the free version of ESXi is limited to 4-way virtual SMP. 8-way vSMP requires vSphere Enterprise Plus licensing. (ie. lots of $$$).

VMWare Player Users !!! Be Careful!! VMware just introduced a new version of vmware player that restricts core usage to only four cores. The new version is 3.0.1, I would highly recommend you do not automatically upgrade your vmware player at this time.

I can confirm the dl from their site takes you to the new 4 core version, just did an install yesterday
like K I had it backed up on my folding jump drive and laying around on one rig
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Ok, I received my info from linuxrouter so maybe he is mistaken. Sorry.

Well i might stand corrected. I just opened the about page and it says its 3.0.0, but the installer i have says 3.0.1

I still have 3.0.0 (Build 203739) saved on my PC just to play it safe. When the new Win SMP came out I uninstalled VMWare Player. Last night I switched back to running bigadvs in a VM. Reinstalled VMWare Player and got linuxrouters image up and running again.

Does anyone know if you can go big on a WHS computer? I'm thinking of building a file server, and I'm wondering if I should up the specs to fold big.

Does anyone know if you can go big on a WHS computer? I'm thinking of building a file server, and I'm wondering if I should up the specs to fold big.

I do :) But my WHS is a VM and the host is 2008 R2 x64

I do :) But my WHS is a VM and the host is 2008 R2 x64

Nitro, you know if that'll work the other way around? I guess what I'm asking is will WHS run a linux VM for -bigadv? I'd like my WHS to be up all the time and much rather have my -bigadv fail than WHS, since in your case WHS is running as a VM.

Question: If I set flags to -smp 7 -bigadv will I get a Big WU? or an A3 WU?

I've gotten 2 A3's back to back and am curious. I am experimenting with setting SMP to 7 cores and GPU2's to one core in my sig rig.

I am currently running an Ubuntu VM. The VM is set to 7 CPUs and as above, the SMP is set to 7 cores

Back