BigWater owners, post your temps.....

sarbz

[H]ard|Gawd
I curious to see how many bigwater owners are out there, and what kind of temps they are getting.

No flaming please. And don't post unless you own a kit :D

Here's mine:

-Athlon 2800+ at stock speeds (1.8ghz)
-rad fan replaced (silenx120) and reversed (pulling cool air through rad), running @5v
-ambient room temp ~26c
-idle = 38-39
-load = 43-44 (prime95 for an hour)

-Cool n' Quiet disabled.

I recently installed a BigWater kit, and my temps are pretty pathetic :(
I noticed alot of ppl are reversing the fan on the radiator which I haven't done.. perhaps I should.

Athlon XP 3000+ (stock 2.1Ghz)
MSI K7N2 Delta-L (MS-6570G)
ThermalTake "Armor" Case (120mm front intake/90mm top exhaust)
- Ambient Temp ~26C
- CPU Idle 50C
- CPU Load 56C
- Case Temp 45C

Used arctic silver 5 as well.. these temps are with the radiator fan on it's highest setting.

wow....something isn't right there.

I'm idling at 38c right now with an ambient room temp of 24c and a Silenx 120 fan at 5v. I'm also using as5.

Try reversing the rad fan so it's pulling cool air throught the rad. That way, you're getting room temp air instead of hot case air going through the radiator. It's tough to do unless you can mount the fan & rad in the front of your case :(

Well I reversed the fan on the radiator as suggested, and the cpu temps are now much lower. The case temps on the other hand are now higher, but I expected as much. Think I'll try reversing the front intake fan and see what that does for the case temp. Wish TT would have allowed you to mount two 120mm fans on the front of the Armor case, it sure as hell has room for it!

- CPU idle 43C
- CPU load 48C

I just looked at some pics of your case. Without modding, you have to have the rad in the back of the case. Are you pulliing air in from the back? And if you are, are you also pulling air in from the front? Two intakes won't do you much good if you don't have an exhaust.

Yup, I am pulling air in from the back and I did have the front fan also pulling air from the front. I figured the top 90mm exhaust would be enough but I was wrong. I reversed the front fan so it is now exhauting air, and the case temps have dropped a bit. I have a stupid n00b question though regarding the tubing; the manual states that the top hose from the pump should be going to the water block, and the bottom hose to the radiator (which is how I have it connected). However, there are pics in the manual with it connected the opposite. Could you clarify how you have the tubing running from the pump connected? Oh, and sorry - I didn't mean to turn your thread into a bigwater troubleshooting thread, but I do appreciate the help! :D

That will be an interesting airflow. But it works in your specific case. It seems to be pretty open in the front.

From what I've heard, it doesn't really matter what order you put the components in your loop. The water moves quick enough so that it's basically the same temp everywhere in the loop.

And the manual is a joke. Throw it away ASAP.

I'm pretty happy with my BigWater. I have it installed in the back of my Tt shark case, with the 120mm fan pushing the case air through the radiator and out of the rear of the case.

CPU: A64 3200+ @ stock 2.2
Idle: 34-36C
Load: 38-41C

sabrewolf732 said:
damn from all the reviews I have read you guys temps are high.

My temps are in an 80 degree room. I'm sure if the AC was on, and the ambient temp was 68c, it would be a different story.

btw...Last night I successfully undervolted my A64 2800+ to 1.1v @ stock speeds. I then ran prime95 ALL night, and it never hit 40 :)

sarbz said:
My temps are in an 80 degree room. I'm sure if the AC was on, and the ambient temp was 68c, it would be a different story.

btw...Last night I successfully undervolted my A64 2800+ to 1.1v @ stock speeds. I then ran prime95 ALL night, and it never hit 40 :)

much more reassuring :D

just added a koolance gpu-180-L06 to the loop for my 6800gt. My cpu hits 44 under load while loading the 6800gt at the same time.

But the 6800gt used to get in the mid 70's under load, and now stays at about 52c. I'll take a 20+ drop in trade for a few degrees on the cpu any time!

CPU is A64 3200+ winnie @ 2.5Ghz @ 1.5Vcore

Room temp of 18C

Cpu idle 27C Load 32C
Using AS5 with the rad mounted externally. Fan in normal position. on lowest setting

Sufficed to say im very happy with this

nice! That's the best I've seen with this kit. Why does your sig say 40c under load?

Ha sorry. Havent got round to changing that yet. The MSI neo2 Plat had a bug in the biod which made it give false temp readings. Recently flashed bios to latest revision and these are the temps im gettin.

68c? Wow those are pretty good temps for that kind of ambient. ;)

I prefer DIY to tt. My friend has a silver Armor case with Bigwater cooling. The tubes are real thin!

He can't overclock though, I think he said his system crashed at more than like a 400mhz (or was it 200?) oc. It is a 3500+ winnie.

I dunno if it was his fault or his wc.

Russ said:
68c? Wow those are pretty good temps for that kind of ambient. ;)

I prefer DIY to tt. My friend has a silver Armor case with Bigwater cooling. The tubes are real thin!

He can't overclock though, I think he said his system crashed at more than like a 400mhz (or was it 200?) oc. It is a 3500+ winnie.

I dunno if it was his fault or his wc.

yeah, i live in an oven :p I obviously meant 68f.

I think most enthusiasts would prefer DIY to tt. But DIY is also more expensive on average, and the TT is a complete package. It's an easy and quick package that you can buy in one box. There are a lot of people that would like to get their feet wet (no pun intended) in the world of WC, but don't have the knowledge to start with a DIY system.

I like the TT. It's quiet, and it cools better than most heatsinks at the same sound level. I will probably upgrade in the future, but the TT will go in another system at that point. For what it is, it does it's job well, and quietly.

As far as your friend is concerned...there are MANY more variables that could be contributing to his overclocking (or lack of it), other than his cooling methods. I've seen people do 400mhz on the stock AMD hs/f. The bigwater is better than the stock hs/f.

Back