Bigwater SE + XQPack, Would it work?

Peach

Gawd
Im going to be going PCI-E and I was thinking of building a system around the XQPack, only thing im concerned about is using my watercooling, the radiator would be mounted on the outside of the 120mm fan, but im wondering if there is any height issues for waterblocks/tubing on the inside of the case.

I have that Bigwater setup in my X-Qpack. The only issue is that it can be tricky to put the case top back on if you have an external radiator where the 120mm fan is usually. Just requires tweaking for success.I have the pump on the left, in front of the video card. If you screw it to one of the holes that are in the front metal wall of the case, you can mount it up off the floor, which may help easier tube routing (less awkward bending).

it's just a squeeze to put on the top with a rad there... ;)

No clearance problems with the block though. Here's a peek at a needs-cable-management Qpack...apologies for the sucky pics. I need to set up a proper photo set.

great, i'll probably dremel off that screw bracket thing thats sticking out the top, i was just worried that it was too cramped for tubing, do you use the bayres, or do you have a t-line?

Yes, cut off that top piece on the rad...useless IMO.
It really depends on what else you are stuffing into the case. it's a ...challenge...to cram everything in at the right time, some things are better installed before you put the MB in, others are best added on last. The routing for the tubes (for me anyways) was greatly helped by using the method of mounting the pump up above the floor, because otherwise the bending down of the tubes was too much for my liking. (Mind the dust in this pic, cleaning and cable management are coming as soon as I get my Enermax Liberty!)

Also, the slot that is in the middle of the center frame rail was great for routing the tubes away from my video card.

Mind you, I only use a CPU block. Adding a VGA block might be a bit too cramped here for me. But I use a Zalman cooler on my eVGA 7800GT. It rocks.
You know...I didn't know there was more than one version of the BigWater. Mine didn't come with the reservoir! Hmmm...I have a hard drive cooler in one 5.25" slot and a CD/DVD in the other, so I probably wouldn't have used it anyways.

Edit: sorry for the huge pic sizes...I forgot to resize my 7MP camera pics...jeez!

Back