Bio-Start - 705 FSB!!! this the new board to have!

Shhhhh this forum only subscribes to Gigabyte (lol), Asus, and DFI.

I had a Biostar p35 board was great till I bricked it trying to get past the fsb wall (my fault put too much voltage as a noob clocker). Was a great, easy to use bios. No BS, no clutter, just straight to the point. Latest news is some Abit's best engineers defected a little while ago to Biostar.

Dictionary.com Unabridged

Bio-Star

–noun
1. the science of pushing electrons to speeds far beyond the comprehensibility of your typical enthusiast except those with access to extreme cooling methods.

2. the living organisms of a region: the electron and other crap which makes a bio-star board kick some serious FSB arse!

3. the biological phenomena characteristic of a motherboard allowing enthusiast more reason to push the barriers far beyond regular biological matter (asus | DFI | Gigabyte)

Was looking through the overclock forums there. You wanna see an insane overclock ? Scroll to second screenshot:eek:----> Link Let's see Asus, DFI, Gigabyte, anything else do this

And I just ordered an Asus..second thoughts now.

It's biostar... not biostart!!!! :p and iirc the only reason it gets that high of an FSB is it "cheats" by using ultra relaxed timings and when you do +0.Xv to the NB it also does the same amount to the FSB. All that said, it's still an insane overclock and a very nice P45 board. P45 boards just rock.

what he said ^ (although Biostar aren't the only one doing this).
Lots of thes P45 mobos run very relaxed performance level settings to allow for very high fsb. Unless you have something with a very low multi (e.g. Q9300) or a benchmark app that responds very well to fsb then you are probably better running higher multi/less fsb.

It's biostar... not biostart!!!! :p and iirc the only reason it gets that high of an FSB is it "cheats" by using ultra relaxed timings and when you do +0.Xv to the NB it also does the same amount to the FSB. All that said, it's still an insane overclock and a very nice P45 board. P45 boards just rock.

Who the hell cares if it "cheats", when you can run your CPU at 6.3 ghz!!!!!!???

If that's the case, then everybody needs to cheat.

Who the hell cares if it "cheats", when you can run your CPU at 6.3 ghz!!!!!!???

If that's the case, then everybody needs to cheat.

Be cause then on a board that doesn't "cheat" I can get more perfromance from my CPU at 5.0 then yours at 6.3, basically "cheating" only helps in getting omgwtfbbq FSB overclocks but lowers performance (not really by that much, only benchers really care anyways lol :p)

Back