BIOS ERROR ---- Keyboard/Inteface Press F1 to Resume

Juggafat

Gawd
I just swapped my computer guts into a new case and got this strange bios error upon boot up. Anyone know what this error refers to? I've read up on it a little bit and everyone who experiences this error is unable to use their keyboard. However, I can still use my keyboard.

I've done all of the basic stuff like reset the cmos and plug my keyboard into different USB ports. I'm going to try a ps2 keyboard tonight when I get home.

I wouldn't care about this error as everything still works perfectly fine after pressing F1, but now the CPU won't overclock at all. Before I was running 3.2ghz easily and now I can't even OC to 3.0ghz which is a pretty modest OC for a Q6600.

The case I went from is a Antec 300 and now I have a Cooler Master Stacker 830. The Antec was running two fans plus the heatsink fan and the Cooler Master is running 7 fans. But fans really don't draw that much juice right? So that wouldn't cause me to not be able to OC? I mean I am on a really crappy PSU.

CPU: Q6600
MOBO: Biostar TP45HP
RAM: 4gb OCZ Platinum + 2gb OCZ Gold
GPU: ATI 4870
PSU: OCZ 500w

I had this issue a month ago with my MSI P45. It happened after I installed an XFi sound card. I tried different keyboards but still nothing could make the error go away.You can probably go in the bios and have it not halt on all errors to bypass that warning. I could still OC on mine though. Needless to say, my motherboard died a month later while priming overnight.

Stupid question, but how old is the PSU?

Right now, the only "solution" left for you to try is the barebones bench test. Review the troubleshooting sticky for details on how to do it properly.

Back