BioShock Infinite PC Requirements Announced

HardOCP News

[H] News
Irrational Games has posted the PC requirements for Bioshock Infinite:

MINIMUM
  • Processor: Intel Core 2 DUO 2.4 GHz / AMD Athlon X2 2.7 GHz
  • Memory: 2 GB
  • Hard Drive: 20 GB free
  • Video Card: DirectX10 Compatible ATI Radeon HD 3870 / NVIDIA 8800 GT / Intel HD 3000 Integrated Graphics
  • Video Card Memory: 512 MB
  • Sound Card: DirectX Compatible

RECOMMENDED
  • Processor: Quad Core Processor
  • Memory: 4 GB
  • Hard Drive: 30 GB free
  • Video Card: DirectX11 Compatible, AMD Radeon HD 6950 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560
  • Video Card Memory: 1024 MB
  • Sound Card: DirectX Compatible

Shoot! I haven't had to worry about system specs since Falcon 4.0. But 20GB free for "minimal" and 30GB for "recommended"... that's a lots of space.

I'm honestly amazed that this game will run (at least based on min req.) on the HD 3000 integrated... I mean that's some amazing scaling if so. Sure the experience is probably going to suck but just shows how far integrated graphics have come.

People bitch about space required (I dont understand why with storage so cheap) yet if the game came out with textures like Rage, they'd bitch too. LOL. :)

This is the first time in YEARS that PC specs for a game made me wince! I haven't seen such demanding specs since console's took over video gaming!

YAY!!!!!!!!!

I hope this game is good, and does well. I want to support PC gaming as much as the next guy, but I wont do it by dropping money on bad games.

This is like the 3rd time in 3 years I've see a game not just made to run on my XBOX360 console . . They must be finaly also developing for the newer consoles comming out . So don't be surprised on XBOX720 to see this game again ;)

Video Card: DirectX10 Compatible ATI Radeon HD 3870 / NVIDIA 8800 GT / Intel HD 3000 Integrated Graphics

WTF is Intel HD3000 doing on that list?

This is the first time in YEARS that PC specs for a game made me wince! I haven't seen such demanding specs since console's took over video gaming!

YAY!!!!!!!!!
Hmmm?:confused:

He's saying he's glad a game is coming out which will make having a pc with expensive hardware worthwhile rather than a low powered console game.

It's like having a condom in your pocket, its pretty useless it being there until you get a chance to use it.

i'm also thrilled about this hardware crushing spec list. But fuck it means its going to force my hand to pre-order it so i can play it as soon as it comes out rather than my usual game of trolling the internet for the cheapest steam key i can find. I'll want it downloading whilst i'm at work so its all ready as soon as i get home. Looks like $80 (australian steam price) rather than probably sub $30. I mean i was already really looking forward to infinite (for the last few years lol) but these specs made of cream.

The HDD space might be swap files, not necessarily permanent storage... Though probably is...

Games make swap files? I hope not cas i'll be running this off a ramdisk at least until i finish it a few times and dump it back into a normal folder with the rest of my games that aren't being played regularly.

Anywhere this game dumps its swapfile is going to be slower than my ram.

And 30gb sweet, thats about the upper limit of the size ramdisks i can use without impacting ram available for the game/my system, unlike i wanna take up your entire hard drive for a 2hr game that takes longer to download than to finish max payne (but loved that game)

While people are complaining about the installation size, this is a good thing in my opinion. Shows that developers are giving attention that pc gamers deserve.

i'm also thrilled about this hardware crushing spec list...

Intel C2D and HD 3000 GPUs don't really seem very hardware crushing. That means an Ivy Bridge HD 4000 should do pretty well running it since it's about 2x faster than the 3000.

Intel C2D and HD 3000 GPUs don't really seem very hardware crushing. That means an Ivy Bridge HD 4000 should do pretty well running it since it's about 2x faster than the 3000.

Remember that's Minimum specs. The Recommended specs seem promising.

So can we assume this to be a DX11 game?

Games make swap files? I hope not cas i'll be running this off a ramdisk at least until i finish it a few times and dump it back into a normal folder with the rest of my games that aren't being played regularly.

Anywhere this game dumps its swapfile is going to be slower than my ram.

And 30gb sweet, thats about the upper limit of the size ramdisks i can use without impacting ram available for the game/my system, unlike i wanna take up your entire hard drive for a 2hr game that takes longer to download than to finish max payne (but loved that game)

As a kind of temporary storage where the textures are uncompressed and held. Would kind of make sense as the Recomended is 10gb bigger. It's unlikely that theyll make you download another 10gb. Unless it's for DLC... (or texture packs, but i've never seen those included in the base specs).

Depends on the game really though. Like DoW2:R. I moved that from an HDD to an SSD, and saw around no improvement in load speed, because it seemed to be CPU based. If it is doing some kind of decompression, the amount of time saved from disk to CPU might not be the most limiting factor. Though this is all speculation. :D

As expected relatively tame (only UE3 after all). Still should hopefully look as good as Arkham City.

I'm wondering why the HD 6950 is the equivalent of a GTX 560, shouldn't an HD 6850/70 run it just as well as a GTX 560?

I'm wondering why the HD 6950 is the equivalent of a GTX 560, shouldn't an HD 6850/70 run it just as well as a GTX 560?

Games usually work better on one companies cards than the other, so a comparable AMD card might not be equivalent!

Cut-scenes and Quick Time Events take up a lot of space I guess.

Yeah, they do. I am sure this one isn't going to end up as bad as MGS. There is some gameplay.

Wow....I never thought I'd see a 6950 as a "recommended" card. Looks like it will be time to upgrade soon.

People bitch about space required (I dont understand why with storage so cheap) yet if the game came out with textures like Rage, they'd bitch too. LOL. :)

SSDs we all took a step backwards, plus tons of people only use laptops now, so its 1 SSD.

20gb of hard drive space? Jesus. Funny how 5 years ago that'd fill half my computer.

Back