BIP in a P180.

Borgschulze

2[H]4U
Just wanted to show you guys how absolutely perfect a Black Ice Pro fits in a P180.

picture22jv4.jpg

picture23lb4.jpg

picture24qv4.jpg

I love how it fits in there perfectly, and the way my radiators are setup up, I have a tube going straight across the top from the left barb on the MCR220 to the left barb on the Black Ice Pro.

Edit: Got a real camera, although it's crap, it's better than the Webcam.

dcp00222qm4.jpg

looks nice... you could mount your HDDS behind and get extra cooling from a fan pulling air across or put a matix orbital LCD or something or both :)

Nice. If i remember correctly, the place to the left of the upper 3.5" bay, where the toolbox is, will fit a swiftech microres perfectly.

Seems the p180 is a perfect watercooling case.

Adidas4275 said:
looks nice... you could mount your HDDS behind and get extra cooling from a fan pulling air across or put a matix orbital LCD or something or both :)

That's what the bottom chamber is for, it has silicone mounts in it, and the power supply sucks air across the HDDs. Wait till I get my pump today or tomorrow. This case is going to be pretty clean, minus the front audio cable...

Bbq said:
Nice. If i remember correctly, the place to the left of the upper 3.5" bay, where the toolbox is, will fit a swiftech microres perfectly.

Seems the p180 is a perfect watercooling case.
I could argue otherwise, it's kinda cramped for a Danger Den D5 or any pump larger than a DDC.

Borgschulze said:
it's kinda cramped for a Danger Den D5 or any pump larger than a DDC.

No it's not, not it's not! Look at my thred how I mounted my D5 not to mention 120 stealth :D

why is it that your BIP seems to give me much more confidence in being able to handle the heat dump of a processor when looking at mine doesn't? :confused:

n00btard said:
why is it that your BIP seems to give me much more confidence in being able to handle the heat dump of a processor when looking at mine doesn't? :confused:
I'm using a BIP and a MCR220, way more cooling.

no, yours seems to give off an aura of confidence that mine doesn't. Then I look at all the newer BIPs, and think that.

n00btard, could be that the bip \you have has the older brazed-on fittings. And it's quite used.

Bbq said:
n00btard, could be that the bip \you have has the older brazed-on fittings. And it's quite used.

the pictures just seem to show a lot more fins on the rad than the one I have. I don't know why.

maybe it's a change from the older revision, I don't know. Only time will tell when I get the rest of my components. Until then, it's just a really cool paper-weight on my desk :p

n00btard said:
the pictures just seem to show a lot more fins on the rad than the one I have. I don't know why.

maybe it's a change from the older revision, I don't know. Only time will tell when I get the rest of my components. Until then, it's just a really cool paper-weight on my desk :p
You're only cooling your CPU, it will be fine.

Borgschulze said:
You're only cooling your CPU, it will be fine.

QFT

Not to mention that more fins isn't necessarily a good thing. You reach a point where it becomes a bad thing, you get more back pressure then its worth and that degrades performance when using lower cfm fans.

Erasmus354 said:
QFT

Not to mention that more fins isn't necessarily a good thing. You reach a point where it becomes a bad thing, you get more back pressure then its worth and that degrades performance when using lower cfm fans.
Maybe on a bigger radiator it's good, but you wouldn't want much more dense fins, more noise will be created.

Back