BIP3 & Thermaltake Armor

film

Weaksauce
hey guys, just wanted to get some pointers from those who have mounted a BIP3 on the bottom of a TT Armor. Originally wanted to mount it in the front but that would leave me with only 1 slot left (i need at least 3).. so..

would appreciate it if some of you can post pics of how it is done.. there are a bunch of holes on the bottom of the case, but i have no clue how a rad can be mounted. btw, i haven't ordered a BIP3 yet, but if it's too large for my TT case, then perhaps i can get a BIP2 instead..any help is appreciated..

-

I just stuck my BIP3 out of the window instead of trying to fit it into the case. Also, by placing it out of the case, you don't have to worry as much about it leaking....(of course it does not matter if you put it on the bottom or something...)

yep .. mines on the top for those reasons and others... (don't have an armor though) ;)

wcrework021.jpg

If you haven't purchased your case yet you are better off with a stacker if you want to mount it on the bottom. Also while the drive bays in the TT armor can be removed, the metal structure they slide into can not and will inhibit placement somewhat.

Really not much you can do besides the front without drilling holes in the case for a BIP3. With a BIP2 you can use a radbox. I still would not mount it or any rad on the bottom unless you cut holes for the fans to suck air through.

Just don't forget you need room to place a pump also. I don't know why you need 3 drive bays available, but you can mount a 3.5 device like a floppy in the top slot where the power switch is, and optical drive in the slot below it and your hard drives in the back cage near the psu. Swiftech mini res can be mounted anywhere inside you can stick on some velcro. any other devices you could probably get external enclosures unless it's some aesthetic thing like an lcd display.

i dont think a bottom mount will work well in the armor. i have an armor and thought of doing that but it would take up too much room, it would block the motherboards expansion slots very easily...

i went with a top mounted 120x3 rad on my armor...

pic here

thanks guys for all the advice.. actually i already bought the Armor a while back, and i need at least 3 drive bays (2 dvd burners, X-Fi Fatal1ty I/O, lcd temp display). The top mount looks good, but i really like to keep the top clear on the Armor, as the top exhaust is one of the reasons i went with this case..

So looks like getting a BIP2 and mounting it either in the front, or the back with radbox are my only options. i plan on running it with a pair of 7900gts SLI so do you guys think a BIP2 would be enough?

BIPROII in front and a single BIPRO on the 120 exhaust on the back between the cpu and video cards. That was my original plan before I saw the BIPROIII on sale for 29.99 and purchased it on impulse . Thankfully it worked out well for me.

skullknight7.jpg

hey Dr.House, that looks great man.. i also saw a couple of your other threads where you showcased your setup, lots of good info there..:) would you happen to have more pics of the inside of the Armor showing how the BIP3 is mounted internally?

Thanks. Unfortunately I don't, It wouldn't be a good picture as tubing and wires and res are now in the way.

Basically I have zip ties going through the fan holes in the BIPROIII and through the holes in the steel where the drives would slide in. The BIPROII itself has the in/out on the bottom and that has velcro on it, the fans on the front form a lip that sits on the bezel quite nicely, also they are fairly heavy those aluminum evercool fans so it all balances quite well together, it's not going anywhere. I would like to say I planned it this way but it was a PITA to get those fans on there, had to drill new holes and the templates I had for the plexiglass shroud I was making didn't line up. I was going to mount with thin black wire but the zip ties are more secure and are easily trimmed. I get them at home depot and had to loop one into the next to get the length I need as they don't have long small ones that would fit the fan screw holes.

You will have a gap on the sides and little above the radiator before the 5.25 device slot above it. I resorted to plan B and made a upside down plexi glass U shape with notches and applied diamond cut to it.

draw pictures and plan it out, and place your res,rad, pump, blocks and tubing.

Mine is going pump->storm->maze4gpu->biproIII->res->pump.

I've also added a 1/4" quick connect ball valve in T before the pump to flush the system of liquid for maintanence,etc.

Back