Black Friday = Day after Thanksgiving!

Ok here is an unsual question.... I'm in a wheelchair and trust me, i'm tried or being that "oh, i'm sorry... excuse me" guy, i have no problem running people over and beleive me when i say it will hurt...but my question is ... are people so psychodic that they would tromple me? I was thinking of bringing a fog horn like they use at kid soccer games and if people get to out of hand just bust it out because I know being shorter people just dont see you at all. Any comments or suggestions? i've never been on BF before, but I want that apex TV from best buy.

well from my experience and I have done both sides retail and customer side. people are nuts sometimes. I am looking forward to the apex tv as well. think I will have to get there early get the tv and whatever else looks good then go to work that day.... damm that's what happens when you work retail... thankfully this year no black friday retail for me :-D
so with that all said and done. It's a toss up about needing the horn. don't know where you live but i hope they have more respect for you then that.... if anything just run them over :eek:

OOOo I want that HD for 50 bucks, I'd need a car though and mine is broke, I doubt it will be fiexed before then, If I got even one of those I could start my PVR system early and for cheper!

damn, a 2800+ comp with a 15" LCD for $350?!
definetly worth camping out for that one.

Anybody wanna camp out in Green Bay Wisconsin at the best buy with me?? :p

It wont be that cold yet, and I dont think there will be snow yet. :eek:

CompUSA: PNY GeForce 6800 for 200 bucks after rebates

Finally a good card to get thats gonna be on sale!

Lets just see if Best Buy can do better

Also All-in-wonder 9600XT for 124 after rebates

And 100 DVD-R or +R for 20 bucks

I feel safe saying no to that...I believe it's a desktop PC, not a laptop...but it's be nice if it was a laptop

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Pretty sure there are always BF networking deals. Would be a great time to upgrade/add-on to 802.11G since they'll practically give them away.
You could probably rig your whole house 802.11G for free this year with BF deals.....hmmm

Pack Rat 24 said:
I feel safe saying no to that...I believe it's a desktop PC, not a laptop...but it's be nice if it was a laptop
They had a pretty nice lappy last year for $399, $350 isn't too far off ;)

SJetski71 said:
They had a pretty nice lappy last year for $399, $350 isn't too far off ;)

Ohhh, please repeat this, oh wonderful Best Buy...I will forever be in your debt, lol

There are networking deals, www.bf04.com for people that didnt know

We are all still waiting for the BB ad, that will be the last one to look at for me for computer stuff

caynee said:
I worked at Best Buy last Black Friday in NJ...i have to tell you it was one of the crazyest experinces of my life. Working in the computer department we arrived at 5am only to see at least a 100 people outside in the freezing cold ran. In order to keep the lines straight and the customers from going into our "red zones" were we keept the door buster merchandise we created a wall of lexmark printers and emachines computer boxes around the the central computer hub. The wall was holding pretty well about 30mins after the doors opened until a few resourceful customers realized that they could use the Shopping carts as battering rams. I know its sounds crazy, but if youve been to one of these black friday things you know how crazy people can be. Anyways as soon as we saw what was going on we grabbed all the laptops, lcd monitors, hard drives and what not and ran them into the warehouse all the while trying not to be trampled by the hoards of people pouring through are defenses. My Sales Manager got angry and ended up having the people that used the shopping carts to break the wall kicked out of the store.

Last year they did the same thing at my local Best Buy (South Florida) and a couple of hours later the fire dept. came in and told them to move everything back. You could tell they were pissed and after 10 mins of arguing with the store managers the police came in and they moved everything back. I'm almost sure they were fined for not following the fire dept.'s directions.
Maybe this never happens but I've always thought that the people that work there get to keep most of the good stuff either by buying it themselves or by somehow saving it for someone they know. most probably nobody does it cus they'll get fired but on the other hand they get a lot of sweet deals. Thank god I dont work there cus I probably wouldn't be able to resist the temptation. Good luck to everyone this year and wake up early.

I'm going for the $89 tv at BB personally. If your in Omaha, don't take my Idea!!!!

I have never been to a Black Friday, so please excuse my stupid/noob question. Would I be able to get an iPod for cheaper than normal? If so, do you think it would be more than $50 off?

Black Friday...holy shit. I'm usually in Atlanta for BF, this year included. I can get around a lot easier this year, so I'm looking forward to this, I'll get the out early this year. 5AM just doesn't cut it.

Atlanta's fucking insane. I swear to god, I've rarely ever seen more people in a line than there are outside the BB just before opening. Holy shit, the damn line wraps around the store just to get in, and just as much to check out.

People are fucking violent. If you want something awesome, be prepared to shove a nerd or a yuppie or a soccer mom out of the way to get it. If you don't shove people, you're not getting anything (unless you've got one of those tickets). And it's not just for $10 HD's and the like. People go apeshit over even FAR CD-R media. Imagine a mosh pit covering the floor of a BB.

You've gotta plan ahead, especially if you're in a big city...I've gone in Asheville NC, and traffic's hell even there. People on the roads couldn't care less about traffic laws, it's all about the damn deals, lol. A two block drive from a CompUSA to a Frys can take an hour. You won't get the good stuff from more than one store. Period.

If you've never been, you're in for a surprise, even if you miss the best deals, it's a damn good time.

Basically, plan ahead, leave earlier than you think you should, and be prepared to wait in long lines, and be prepared to be assertive like a motherfucker. Remember -- fuck civility, there's cheap shit at stake.

edit:
cybertron said:
my question is ... are people so psychodic that they would tromple me?

In my experience, yes.

cybertron said:
Ok here is an unsual question.... I'm in a wheelchair and trust me, i'm tried or being that "oh, i'm sorry... excuse me" guy, i have no problem running people over and beleive me when i say it will hurt...but my question is ... are people so psychodic that they would tromple me? I was thinking of bringing a fog horn like they use at kid soccer games and if people get to out of hand just bust it out because I know being shorter people just dont see you at all. Any comments or suggestions? i've never been on BF before, but I want that apex TV from best buy.
you will want more than a air horn you will probably want to bring a large man wall with you to help you get your tv out of the horde. Infact you might want to bring a tazer with you

I've never been to any of the Black Friday's yet. Maybe this year but I've been through both of the websites and nothing really interests me yet.

I live right by CompUSA, and I remember driving by last year and I was amazed at how many people were lined up there. I for one will not be standing out in the cold to see what they have there.

I'm not sure if they are doing it this year, but last year my local CompUSA opened on Thanksgiving at 8pm till 11pm for Black Friday deals. Then they opened again in the morning.

Anyone know if they are doing this? If so I will be in line for the 6800.

If they do that, I am shooting them. I want my stuff and will be there 1/2am that morning for B.F.

sweet, just got $50 to best buy gift cards so it'll force my parents to let me go to the black friday deals and maybe throw some more money with it to help me get something i need. maybe some new speakers for my car since i cut off spending to my computer since i don't use it much.

Not to sound too retarded, but when are stores going to release the fliers with the black friday deals?

I am also new to BF and am contemplating going to Best Buy (Crossgates Mall in Albany NY if anyone wants to go with me, well convince me first).

My question is this, BestBuy has, I'm guessing probably 5,000+ items in their store (I'm counting everything) but only 8 or 9 deals that have been leaked. Are you telling me there are only 8 or 9 deals of 5,000 items or only 8 or 9 leaked.
I ask because someone already said "if its not on a site, its not going to be on sale" I want some things but that Emachines lappy is [H]awt! I just dont want to deal with all that and not find anything else worth it. I would happily pass on a laptop for a BFG 6800GT on sale at $300 but thats what I'm wondering. Not that the BFG is on sale, but that there is infact a ton of stuff on sale, just not listed.

AR = Automatic Rebate? As in its whatever it says...rigth then and there rigth? Stupid q I know...first year BF'er....

Example This page http://www.bf04.com/sales.php?store=all&category=all&page=2 shows this http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1083713413198&skuId=6708734&type=product $ 1999.99 42" TV with an AR of 1699.99. Now your telling me this 2000.00 TV is goign to eb on sale for $300.00......(assumign these reports are real) Automatically?

Oh wait...is it After Rebate? Sorry i know im an idiot.

1st Sgt. Burke said:
AR = Automatic Rebate? As in its whatever it says...rigth then and there rigth? Stupid q I know...first year BF'er....

Example This page http://www.bf04.com/sales.php?store=all&category=all&page=2 shows this http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1083713413198&skuId=6708734&type=product $ 1999.99 42" TV with an AR of 1699.99. Now your telling me this 2000.00 TV is goign to eb on sale for $300.00......(assumign these reports are real) Automatically?

AR = After Rebate

Expect a lot of paperwork to mail off

cmosdos said:
A lot of stores have rules agaist buying the product ahead of time, and then showing up later that day and getting a price adjustment done. Be sure to watch the fine print.

This is true. Feel free to read this thread for some research that has been done on policies. Always remember ymmv.

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=829685&page=1&pp=20

Here's my post from that thread:

bobwrong said:
UPDATE:

CompUSA CALLED me TWICE (2 different people) and left messages stating that they will do return/rebuys for all items purchased within 14 days of black friday. So if you buy before hand and it goes on sale on BF just take in your receipt and they will return all of your items and rebuy them. Giving you credit for any sale items and rebate forms with valid purchase dates for them as well. :) All is good at CompUSA. lol....I have the messages saved on my answering machine just in case. They don't even want me to bring a digital voice recorder down there. LOL.... 'cause I will. :D
Still no word back from Circuit City..maybe by Monday.

bobwrong said:
Okay so I sent a general inquiry to Bestbuy, CompUSA, CIrcuitCity and Office Max about their pricematch policy on Black Friday. Office Max and Best Buy responded. I'll update when I get the other responses:

This is what I said in my email (I sent the same email to all 4):

I am going to be making some purchases over the next 2 weeks and am
inquiring about your in store price match policy. I know that you run
great "day after thanksgiving" sales but I cannot wait that long to
purchase some of the things I need. So what I am wondering is, if I buy
something sometime mid next week and it goes on sale the day after
thanksgiving can I bring in my receipt for a refund of the difference?

Thanks in advance for your time. Your response will be my decision for
purchasing at your store.

Office Max's Reply:

Dear OfficeMax.com customer,

Thank you for your recent inquiry. If you find a lower price within 14
days of your purchase date, we will match the lower price. Please let
us know if there is anything else we can assist you with. We look
forward to servicing your future needs. Thank you for your interest in
OfficeMax.com.

Sincerely,
Joanne
Online Customer Service

Best Buy's Reply:
Thank you for contacting Best Buy about price matching. I'm Tesh with Customer Care.

We'd be happy to explain our price match policy. Best Buy offers a price match guarantee to protect customers from sudden price drops. If within 30 days (14 days for computers, computer peripherals, radar detectors, camcorders, and digital cameras) of your purchase, you find the same product offered at a lower price, we will refund that difference plus another 10% of the difference.

This offer is good on new, factory sealed, products of the same brand and model that are available in-stock at any other local authorized retailer. If the lower advertised price is a Best Buy price, within the product return time frame, you will receive an adjustment for the lower price during the advertisement time frame. It does not apply to competitor's bonus specials, free offers, or any Internet pricing.

Have you seen our "Click to Compare" feature at www.BestBuy.com? If you're having trouble deciding between products, this cool tool allows you to line them up side by side and see which one has the bells and whistles you're looking for. Just check the products that interest you and hit "Compare."

We look forward to your next visit to one of our stores or to www.BestBuy.com. Please don't hesitate to contact us with additional questions or concerns.

Best wishes from Best Buy,
Tesh and the Customer Care Team

Looks like both are willing to price match Black Friday Deals. This is good news....I'm still not going to open anything 'til I see the $$ but I'll be armed with these customer service emails to help me if I run into trouble. :D

Well this is my 1st bf, only 15 and finally got money :D!

Just a question,

will the store have prices of bf, like u know when u check for the prices on the items there is usually a sticker or a price board which tells u the price.

Would the black friday price be on the product, or u have to use the ad guide?

Back