Black Friday Rebate Status Thread

sativa

Limp Gawd
How are you guys doing on your black friday rebates? The only thing I bought that day was a 200GB WD drive from OfficeMax for $50 AR (20 from OfficeMax and 60 from WD)...

here's the status...

This is the OfficeMax rebate
officemaxrebate5qf.jpg

This is the WD rebate
westerdigitalrebate8bq.jpg

I know this isn't a black friday deal but here's the status of my BFG 6800OC/Half Life 2 rebate from best buy... FYI, i pricematched the half life 2 purchase after i bought it and apparently it didn't affect the amount of the rebate. woot.

bestbuyrebate2yh.jpg

I don't know why it says Jan 4 on the BestBuy rebate since today is Jan 3, but it says they mailed it so all is well.

u got any tips to make sure u get rebates? like what should i do incase they deny my rebate? what can help me and make my case argueable? cuz most of the time im afriad i won't get my rebates and back off of a good deal... TIA

btw my PNY rebate is processing.

does anyone got any clue how to track the Circuit City rebates? I bought the Sandisk 256mb that has a rebate and also snagged one of the free after rebates philips cd-r 100 pak spindle.

Both have rebates... I sent them, but don't know how to check.

CC has no record of it in my rebates history list.
Sandisk has no record of it
Philips doesn't even have a rebates tracking feature...

well, the first thing is to make copies of everything. this is a necessity and job #1. even make copies of the upc shit you cut out. all receipts.. everything. Also read ALL the fine print. I know it might be a PITA but you gotta do it.

i have never not gotten a rebate back so i dont know how to make your case but there will (almost) always be a phone # burried somewhere. if you got a little card saying that your rebate was denied, get the contact info and get someone on the phone.

I got a card from WD saying that my serial # was invalid.. but i called them up (the rebate company, not WD) and they said that it was a mistake & that it actually was valid. Getting them on the phone was hard though... the menu options were confusing.. i just kept at it though.

If worse comes to worse contact your attorney general and file a complaint. Filing with the BBB does little..

Zap [PCGO] said:
does anyone got any clue how to track the Circuit City rebates? I bought the Sandisk 256mb that has a rebate and also snagged one of the free after rebates philips cd-r 100 pak spindle.

Both have rebates... I sent them, but don't know how to check.

CC has no record of it in my rebates history list.
Sandisk has no record of it
Philips doesn't even have a rebates tracking feature...

http://www.circuitcityrebates.com/

enter the info on your receipts.

Also, when did you file them? it took my companies about a month to update their stuff before they said they had them.

Back