Black Friday...what did you get?

I got a 4pk of gillette mach 3 turbo razor blades and a bottle of shampoo. i couldnt hadle waiting in line for the deals

Manaknight said:
and i got the phone number of a cute girl in line with us for the lappies... a cute female linux systems administrator *swoon*

haha, score! it was just me and a bunch of dudes in the camcorder line at my best buy. :(

2 x 200gb HDDs @ compUSSR 30 x 2
1 512 memory stick pro duo for the PSP 30 bux
1 hawking USB print server 20 bux AR
1 skil 12 volt drill 25 bux AR
1 stanley box cutter 2bux AR
1 stanley 24in leveler 2 bux AR
1 dewalt screw-in helper or w.e its called free AR
24 Seasons 1 - 3 DVD - $20 x 3
2 x LOST DVD 30 x 2
1 chappelle show S2 16$
1 145 piece dremel kit 5 AR
free powerade @ the mall
1 m2 shirt from express 20
1 free hat/scarf @ express
1 World of Warcraft 25
and ihop - lol that wasnt a BF deal. it was darn good thou. $12

i got a free ipod shuffle in the mail 2day thou.

sorry. forgot to mention its from the charles schwab CC offer. u sign up for a card, buy anything u want. - bought a gatorade for 1 buck. and they send u a free ipod via UPS. that simple.

search slickdeals.net for "schwab ipod"

I waited in line for 3 hours at CompUSA and got almost nothing. They quickly ran out of the harddrives and all i got was the Saitek keyboard for $20 after a $20 rebate...

Webroot Spysweeper $0 ($22 MIR)
Hitachi 80GB 7200RPM $0 ($35 + $15 MIR's)
Seagate 300GB ATA100 $70 ($50 + $10 MIR's)

Total: $70 After rebates on purchases that totalled up to $201.99

not bad, I arrived at Fry's around 12:30 in the afternoon, and got home about 2:45PM

didn't have to wake up ridiculously earlier like you suckers, hahahah! :p

3 extra hours of sleep and a whole lot less stress than anyone foolish enough to join the pack in the BF feeding frenzy!! ;)

I and my 4 friends got
5xcircuit city toshiba laptops for 310 plus free stylus printer/scanner and dlink wireless g router with each
2x50 dvd+r at $6 each
6xsandisk 512 sd for $10 each
some 20 dollar dvd player
4xcanon sd-400's for 225 each from office depot
an optima projector for 500
3xak rocker gaming chairs for 64 each

I think that's it.

I went to CC B&M and the lines were out of control at 5:30 so I went back home and bought hard drives online. Ended up getting 2 of the 250gb WD drives.

1 picked up & the other one shipped to a friend (just in case for the rebate)

QM

Fry's did have some good deals today. I got there at 5am and it was insane, but they had pallets full of the stuff I wanted.

80gb Hitachi Harddrive - $50 - 50$ M.I.R. = $0
300gb Seagate Harddrive - $129 - $60 in M.I.R.'s = $69
Athlon Dual Core X2 3800+ Retail Boxed - $219 (no rebates required)

Some other noteables:
X850Pro - $199 after rebates (I think $30)
7800GT - $299 after $50 m.i.r.
Syntax 37in LCD - $997 (no rebates, iirc)

Plus a bunch of others.

i got kicked repeatedly in non-mentionable places by some non-english speaking russians who pushed 20 people in front of them, myself and some poor little old lady included, out of the way. thanks to my friend, who kicked some swarthy russian ass (thanks propc!), i walked away with one 200gb hdd, one 50 pk of dvdrs, one 512mb attache drive (other was stolen by one of the nine bastards, and he took my cart!), one 512mb sd card, and a shredder.

no more black fridays for me, unless the deals are hot and i'm armed with mace. some people...

dss64662 said:
no more black fridays for me, unless the deals are hot and i'm armed with mace. some people...

I agree, the deals are awesome, and I do kind of regret not going to Staples around 5...

But for fighting the traffic, the crowds, and maniacs, I'd rather just sleep in and watch TV. :p

I had a blazing fast BF. Left the house around 4:20 and headed to best buy. Waited in a decent sized line (but no where near what it was previous years). Gates opened around 4:53 and I picked up:

24 season 1- $20
Happy Gilmore- $4 x2
Billy Madison- $4 x2
Amityville Horror- $10 (My sis wanted it, looks gehy...)
Meet the Fockers- $6
Call of Duty 2 PC- $25

Since my sister and I had strategically planned all out this out, we were out of the parking lot at 5:30, so we went to staples next. I forgot they didn't open till six so we just stayed in the car a while and called my mom up to see what my dad was up to. She told us he was at staples too, but little did we know it was the one across town so we didn't find him there. We went to look for him but the store opened up at 5:45, so we went in and got what we needed and jetted. Here is what we got (including stuff my dad got at the other staples)

512 PNY flash drive- $10 x2
512 Compact Flash- $15
512 SD card- $15
Laminator- Free
HP 4mp Digi cam- $77

My sis and I got out of staples before 6 and went home to get more $$$ and drop off out booty. We hit up target next and got:

Longest Yard DVD- $9 x2
Family Guy Season 3- $18
Stewie Griffen Movie- $9

We were home before 7 and got the stuff we wanted. Lines were not that long, it wasn't that cold and it was a fun and fast black friday for me. Oh yea, I also ordered Quake 4 dvd version on gogamer.com for $35 shipped :)

32" Insignia TV for $199 at Best Buy.

All I wanted, all I got.

I got a thermostat and a radiator cap for my wife's Blazer and fixed her heating problem! :rolleyes:

Sorry guys - Black Friday and the freakin' Christmas shopping crowd is just too much for my senses. *WAY* to many idiots out there on days like this.

Ax

We hit up Best buy, then staples, then fry's, then ikea, then compusa.
My dad waited in line at best buy as about the number 200th person, left with nothing. Then he went to staples at about 6:30, got:
Microsoft intellimouse 14.99
Logitech MX3000 wireless keyboard+mouse combo 59.99 ar
512 secure digital disc(or however you call it) 14.99 ar

We then proceeded to Fry's where we were met with constant pushing by people. I found a audigy 2zs gamer edition for 19.99ar, but did not want to wait in the 3 hour checkout line so we left.

After that we went to Ikea for the 10 percent off everything sale because i wanted a new computer desk. Heres what i got.
Black trash Can 1.45
Desk Lamp 8.99
Mikael Full Computer desk set 150.00
Grand Total 155.63 including tax

We went to CompUsa around 12 and i went immediately for wut i was interested in. But i couldnt find anything. But in a sudden stroke of luck i found a basket off to the side with the seagate ultra/ata 200gb hd and the 512mb usb drive, and i found a deserted untouched isle with the logitech lx500 keyboard and mouse combo, followed by a logitech notebook mouse and a antec notebook cooler. My dad also decided to pick up a dvdrw. So heres the total at Comp USA
Seagate 200gb Hard Drive 29.99ar
512mb usb drive 9.99ar
Logitechlx500 20.00ar
Logitech Notebook Mouse 9.99ar
Antec Laptop Cooler 9.99ar
Random brand DVDRW 29.99 ar

Overall i think we did quite well, now later tonite i will head back to frys and see whats left. :) YEAAH BABY.

BB laptop, shoulda got the CC one but oh well.. Just need something so i can use my PC as a media box. I really n eed another harddrive for my PC though, damnit.

Also need ram for this new slow toshiba laptop. but for 380 you cant really complain

19" norcent LCD from staples $140 after MIR
42" plasma best buy $840 including tax (Had $220 in best buy bucks)
I should've picked up some of the 200 gig HD's still have a $7 staples coupon.....what can you do

Figured I should spend my best buy bucks so I went to BB at around 4:30 some kids had got a bunch of the waivers and were selling them, bought the waiver for the plasma for $10, which definitely beats waiting in line for 2 hrs, damn plasmas are cool....stupid BB were trying to tell me you can't take a plasma home in the car it has to be shipped, and if I drove it home I would lose all warranty.......I hate it when retailers flat out lie.

i bought the 17inch mag innovision lcd monitor for 149.99 AR at best buy

greg

I got a Toshiba laptop from CompUSSR for about $400 AR's. Unfortunatly, i was lied too. It doesnt have wireless..

anybody know where i can get the antenna kit and wireless card for the beast? i need the pc-card slot for my audio solution for live performances.

I went with 3 other guys.
I got 250gb HD from Circuit City. My friends got 2 HDs and a camera.
We then headed to Best Buy, where the line weaved through aisles. My friend stood in line for an hour or so just to buy 2 games, (COD2 being one of them).

I must say, some people play dirty! Some of the late comers started creeping up towards the front of the line. One guy even tried to tell me he was behind me the whole time, we said "stfu, I know whos been standing here the last 2 hours". When we found the HDs, we were the first to find the HDs, these 2 other people came up and waited for the glass case to be opened, AS SOON as it was opened they snatched all of us leaving me and my friends with one, imagine how pissed we were. Anyways we managed to get someone to go in back and get us the HDs. :mad:

I got my two Hitachi's 160gb sata's from compusa, was there 40 minutes early and grabbed the last two from the Hurst store. CompUsa guy standing by the door wasnt even trying to stop people walking into the front of the line from their cars, so I did my duty of insulting him and the people skipping the line indirectly.

Stayed up to 3 am installing em and a operating system, woulda been quicker if I didnt try the easy ways first, had to do it the right way after many failed quicky attempts.

I got gifts for my fiancee. Acer AL1914 AB 19" monitor from Newegg, and a really nice diamond necklace from Ross Simons ;)

I caught a cold, an empty wallet and a van full of toys for my kids...... food for 4 kids.. priceless :)

got the matrix 10 dvd set with neo bust for 34.99 at suncoast video

great deal...and i didnt have to wake up at 5 AM to get it either.

I purchased an Xbox...of course not the 360 but my kids will never know lol
2 of those robots at CUSA
Portable DVD player with free starter case

And I got to sleep in.

Back