Black Ops Stuttering for First 30 Seconds Only

JayD

Limp Gawd
I just built a new rig and Black Ops runs really slow for the first 30 seconds, even at low detail, then runs perfect. Here's my new setup:

Asus P7P55D-E Pro
Intel Core i5 650 @ 3.6GHz
Corsair H50 CPU Cooler
OCZ 4GB DDR3-1333
OCZ Agility 2 120GB SSD
Seagate 2TB HDD
Palit GeForce GTX 460 768MB

Any ideas?

I just built a new rig and Black Ops runs really slow for the first 30 seconds, even at low detail, then runs perfect. Here's my new setup:

Asus P7P55D-E Pro
Intel Core i5 650 @ 3.6GHz
Corsair H50 CPU Cooler
OCZ 4GB DDR3-1333
OCZ Agility 2 120GB SSD
Seagate 2TB HDD
Palit GeForce GTX 460 768MB

Any ideas?

You mean kind of stuttery? Or extremely slow.. like single digit framerates?

If it's just kind of stuttery, it's a known issue with the game. The way they do things, the video drivers have to compile shaders after the game loads into a level, which some draw calls have to stall on. This results in some hitches during the first part of any level. The devs could fix it but it would lengthen load time significantly.

quad core or bust, plain and simple for this game.

i went from 4ghz E8600 to Q9650 at 3.6ghz and my fps doubled, no glitching, no stutteer, etc.

they released a patch for BO today, made it a bit better for dual cores but its still far from perfect.

quad core or bust, plain and simple for this game.

i went from 4ghz E8600 to Q9650 at 3.6ghz and my fps doubled, no glitching, no stutteer, etc.

they released a patch for BO today, made it a bit better for dual cores but its still far from perfect.

What GPU are you using?

i7 930 + GTX 580 here and the game still stutters in the first 30 seconds. That's not a fix at all.

I mean single digits... I'm usually the first to load the map but if I'm joining a game its nearly impossible to defend myself for a good 20 seconds.

Treyarch has said they know of an issue between the 4 series cards and the game and a fix is in the works with nvidia. Don't expect anything until the next beta drivers. I can't find where it was mentioned, but it was in one of the posts about stuff for future patches in Twitter (like the adding of the /connect command). I know a couple of people who are getting better performance ingame on there 8800GT then I am on my GTX480 (has improved greatly since the patch this week though).

Back