Black screen

Hello i have a gtx 295 and use xp in the last month i have had occasions where my screen will go black and then my monitor goes into standby has any 1 got a suggestion what it could be?

Anything in particular you were doing when the screen went black? Are you able to duplicate it, or is it just random?

How do you get it back up and working? (for example, power monitor off and on; or manually power computer off and on)

What type of monitor are you using?

Hello i have a gtx 295 and use xp in the last month i have had occasions where my screen will go black and then my monitor goes into standby has any 1 got a suggestion what it could be?

Is this the Dual PCB version or Single PCB version?

Hi the only way i can get windows to come back on the screen is to reboot the pc,The screen just goes black then monitor goes in standby so no choice but to reboot,the monitor is a fujitsu siemens amilo 22" hdmi 1080p the graphics card is dual gpu gtx 295.

Hi the only way i can get windows to come back on the screen is to reboot the pc,The screen just goes black then monitor goes in standby so no choice but to reboot,the monitor is a fujitsu siemens amilo 22" hdmi 1080p the graphics card is dual gpu gtx 295.
All the GTX 295 are dual GPU... He asked Dual PCB or Single PCB.
Aaaanyway, get Windows 7 /nod

the graphics card is dual gpu gtx 295.

This one

imageview.php

imageview.php

Or

This one

geforcegtx295_11.jpg

295dual.jpg

Sorry its a single pcb and i got the same problems with windows 7 so its nothing to do with the os

Thanks for taking the leap and posting on the forums. Please try your absolute best to fill this out for us

Motherboard:
CPU:
Ram: (Total & how many sticks)
VGA: GTX 295 Single PCB
Driver:
Power Supply Make/Model
How many drives (Floppy/Hdd/DVD rom etc)

Quick questions i also have for now; Have you tried another monitor? How is your monitor connected? e.g. dvi/vga/hdmi etc..Have you checked your cards temps and verified that the fan is spinning on the card?

Hi

Motherboard:asus crosshair 3
CPU:amd phenom 2 X4 965
Ram: corsair xms3 ddr3 1600 6gb
VGA: GTX 295 Single PCB
Driver:266.58
Power Supply Make/Model corsair 750watt
1 750 gb sata hard drive 1 dvd lightscribe

Water cooled GPU temps are good around 50 degrees max with full load

Have not used any other monitor this monitor is on hdmi Connection

this is a dual loop system all so cooling the motherboard chipset and cpu and ddr

so theres 2 pumps running in it as well 12v pumps

thank you

i have a smiler issue, but no where near the same parts. my dell sr2220l (1080p LED, via dvi) will go into stand by when ever i am gaming, and only when i am gaming. there is no bringing it out of standby the only solution is to reboot my machine. the solution in my case is to turn off dynamic contrast. for some reason, the pc isnt send contrast info like it should (i think) while any sort of 3D is running, so the monitor just shuts off. (it did this on my NV 9600gso, and it is doing it on my ATI 5830)

might not be your problem, but might be something to look into.

Hi
Water cooled GPU temps are good around 50 degrees max with full load

Have not used any other monitor this monitor is on hdmi Connection

this is a dual loop system all so cooling the motherboard chipset and cpu and ddr

so theres 2 pumps running in it as well 12v pumps

thank you

Nice rig, everything should be adequate to run fine. My suggestion would be to try and connect your monitor through another cable, another HDMI if possible but even better try connecting it with DVI. HDMI is a finnicky interface in my opinion, the cables go bad quite often and so do the connectors. See if this happens with another cable or another monitor altogether.

Also how long has this been going on?

My gut feeling is that it's your monitor in some way'shape/form The dual pcb GTX 295 has a problem with this and it's pretty common but I haven't heard about this type of problem with the single pcb version.

The rig has been set up for a while at least 18months and this has been happening on and of for the last 5 months since i have been playing games more ,i was using windows 7 but changed to windows xp because i was getting a error call loss of kernel power this post gives a idea on that
http://social.technet.microsoft.com.../thread/a611d79d-9865-4a8e-917b-74b0a891912f/

I have not had that problem with xp but i was leaning towards a slight fault in my psu that's
what i thought it might be but i checked back here to get a idea as there is some good advice here.

I will try what you suggest and see what happens in the next few days thanks :)

The rig has been set up for a while at least 18months and this has been happening on and of for the last 5 months since i have been playing games more ,i was using windows 7 but changed to windows xp because i was getting a error call loss of kernel power this post gives a idea on that
http://social.technet.microsoft.com.../thread/a611d79d-9865-4a8e-917b-74b0a891912f/

I have not had that problem with xp but i was leaning towards a slight fault in my psu that's
what i thought it might be but i checked back here to get a idea as there is some good advice here.

I will try what you suggest and see what happens in the next few days thanks :)

It could be PSU related, but your unit is a quality power supply. It could be a rare bad unit but I'd gamble that the hdmi cable or monitor is the cause before that unit. But that is another thing to look into, if you get nowhere with the suggestions before, try another power supply instead.

It could be PSU related, but your unit is a quality power supply. It could be a rare bad unit but I'd gamble that the hdmi cable or monitor is the cause before that unit. But that is another thing to look into, if you get nowhere with the suggestions before, try another power supply instead.

Hi i checked the monitor and changed the cables it still does the same thing on some games but i did notice something else when the screen went black and then into standby the sound just went in loops so it was a black screen with this sound just thumping on i just had to restart it by hand again.

I am in the clear with monitor i am just baffled now i think i must have a fault in my hardware as it will only play some games.

Hi i checked the monitor and changed the cables it still does the same thing on some games but i did notice something else when the screen went black and then into standby the sound just went in loops so it was a black screen with this sound just thumping on i just had to restart it by hand again.

I am in the clear with monitor i am just baffled now i think i must have a fault in my hardware as it will only play some games.

Try running your card and processor at stock clocks and voltages and see if you still are crashing, if so it's a bad videocard, hopefully it's not a BFG GTX 295 as they went out of business and there is no more warranty or hope for an exchange.

Looks like a bad video card then as they are at stock.

Thanks for the help :)

BUT why does it run through 3dmark perfectly fine every time this baffles me.

Last edited:
Back