Blacklight bleed. Should I worry?

BottomsUp

Gawd
I just bought an Acer XB270HU and read about all the issues with black light bleed. mine has it but i only notice it when the monitor is on and no signal.

Everyone complains about it in the reviews i read but i wonder how much of this is people complaining because others are complaining (Band wagon) vs is there really an issue here?

What scenarios should i test to see if it really bothers me?

thoughts?

Just my opinion, and this is what the industry is banking on.

Almost all panels have some sort of bleed. If it's not bothering you that much (as in when you are using your desktop/playing games) then I would not worry about it.

If its bothering you, then select a different manufacturer or panel or exchange and hope for something better.

Most will have some sort of dead pixel, dust, or BLB and I'd say there is a 70% chance of some sort of defect.

The industry is saying "Deal with it"... So we are... Personally I wouldn't bother with the shipping charges of sending back a monitor for some minor defect. If its very bad, you will know by just opening up a black screen. If you can't tell on a normal black screen, or if it doesn't bother you, then its a keeper.

Like Scooby says, if your don't notice it, don't worry about it. Don't go looking for flaws in a monitor if you don't see them.

Back