Blasted P4 2.4B wont go over 2.8ghz.

V0ltage

[H]ard|Gawd
Well, ive been running my p4 2.4b (B0 stepping) at 2.7ghz ever since I got it over a year ago, but now that I have my 9800pro, I want to bump it up to 3ghz, but it just dosnt seem to want to. Ive tried the voltage at about 1.6 and lowering the ram dividers but it just auto-resets the bios with the watchdog timer if I go over 2.8. My temps are perfectly stable, about 34C idle and 44C after an hour or so of prime95, and I have a thermaltake chipset HSF. So is there anything im forgetting, and would a bios update improve my o/cing chances?

Your 2.4b pretty much hit the wall for overclocking. I had one that max'd out at 2.9 gig. Then I got a 2.66 that hit 3.0 gig at default vcore. I could probably push it higher.

Yea I was thinking I might have hit the limit, especially since it has B0 stepping....
bah i want my friend to trade his 2.4B with C1 stepping with me... he dosnt even oc and has a gf4 ti4200 which is just about maxed out with his proc.

i hit my wall @ 162 fsb but that needed a 1.775 vcore :eek: so i run 24/7 156fsb with a 1.675 vcore :)

would upping my vcore on a 2.53GHz p4 allow me to run it at anything stable above 153MHz? seems I can get above 153MHz, but it's not too stable. I have had it running at 3 GHz though.

im a little worried about putting my voltage at over 1.6, because i hear you can easily kill a p4...
And sorry about the title.

Back