Blazin Hot! BFG GeForce 7800 GTX $491 at Dell

FYI...

Purchased through Dell Home @ $491+tax, shipped via DHL.

- Ordered: 7/9/05
- Estimated ship date: 7/25/05
- Actual ship date: 7/22/05
- Package delivery: 7/26/05
//during first backorder phase

My 2405FPW, laptops, and other accesories have all shipped UPS from Dell, however, these cards seem to ship via DHL for everyone.

thp said:
This is messed up.

Ordered on 7/26/05 with the new small business deal.
Was thinking of cancelling it and getting on the zipzoomfly deal.
Get home today after work, my 7800GTX arrived from Dell! OMG!

2 day from order to receiving!

Only thing I'm pissed about is DHL.. They freaking left it in front of my door! in 90 degree weather.... GAH!

lol... 90 degree weather will be nothing compared to the 90+ degrees that this GPU could possibly produce.

Sc0ttFern said:
This is ridiculous.....I ordered on the 27th after 4pm and where in the hell do they get this Sept. 9th shipping date? This enrages me....it does not take 6 weeks to get one in. :mad: :mad:

Well I placed my order on 11th and just got it yesterday, so it does take awhile since the deals have been posted on just about every forum and site on the net.

I checked my order status (which had previously stated the 28th) and now says it will ship on the fourth. I am so very unhappy with Dell and this whole thing. I tried to call them to cancel but their closed, so i sent them an email. I hope they get back to me soon or im going to be even more angry with them than i already am. I suppose their lucky I didn't have the chance to talk on the phone to them cause i would definatly have been none too nice. This has proven me right about dell once more and i will never be buying another dell product every again. After the whole fiasco with my last desktop bought from them (which broke a month after we got it from putting it together wrong, which was bad alone but two months after that it broke again because when they had put it together they broke something off and it fell and fried itself). Plus, this 'hot' deal no longer is very hot. When i bought the 7800 gtx, i got it for $540, which i can now get lower prices from places like newegg and monarch and will probably actually receive the product before the dell one is even supposed to ship.

Tokken18 said:
I checked my order status (which had previously stated the 28th) and now says it will ship on the fourth. I am so very unhappy with Dell and this whole thing. I tried to call them to cancel but their closed, so i sent them an email. I hope they get back to me soon or im going to be even more angry with them than i already am. I suppose their lucky I didn't have the chance to talk on the phone to them cause i would definatly have been none too nice. This has proven me right about dell once more and i will never be buying another dell product every again. After the whole fiasco with my last desktop bought from them (which broke a month after we got it from putting it together wrong, which was bad alone but two months after that it broke again because when they had put it together they broke something off and it fell and fried itself). Plus, this 'hot' deal no longer is very hot. When i bought the 7800 gtx, i got it for $540, which i can now get lower prices from places like newegg and monarch and will probably actually receive the product before the dell one is even supposed to ship.
Unfortnately you can't quite get the bfg 7800 gtx cheaper than 540 yet from newegg :/

Right now, i do not care so much if it get the BFG or another brand. I just want a geforce 7800 gtx. This waiting crap is driving me nuts and i have had the parts for my computer for a week or so now and three weeks wait on a card that i can now get cheaper (if another brand though) it rediculous.

I finally got mine in my hands at this moment. Ordered on July 11th. Shipped on Wednesday July 27th. Received Monday August 1st. Now I can finally put everything together!!

Ordered on the 12th, est. ship date the 27th, received the card on the 29th. After hearing how crappy DHL was i waited at home until the card came, heard the bell ring so I ran to the door, and all I see was a package, that DHL guy ran fast. I knew they were gonna pull something like that and I did not want a 500 dollar video card sitting on my door step in the lowest income area of Seattle :eek: That would have beena big womp womp. Well I guess everything is working fine now, had to get a new power supply cause my neopower was dead though.

woohoo! mine just shipped. Ordered it on 7/27 and was shipped today on 8/1.
It's DHL. I hope it will get here in one piece.

bostesseger69 said:
lol i was jp man

:p

BTW, eVGA announced lifetime warranty for their cards today. stepup + lifetime warranty = eVGA from now on. You can get the eVGA 7800gtx at monarch for 500 and 7 shipping w/o tax AND it has BF2. I don't mean to crap on this thread but if you guys are sick of waiting, I would definitely jump on this deal.

Now. BFG needs to offer a stepup program too or else I see no reason to go for BFG from now on.

AWESOME!!! My BFG just arrived. And I thought I lost hope for Dell......and they come through again. I ordered on 7/27.

I have to admit I am glad I waited for the BFG, it was a pretty nice package they send you.....

Now I can finally setup my Dual 2005FPWs!!!

My estimated shipdate was Sept 9th!!!! Shipped Yesterday!!!!! Got it today!!!!!!

BOO-YAH SUCKAS!

i just got mine today. i almost dont wnna open it, for fear i'll spoil it or something :p

it's like..holy :-D

Back