[BLAZING HOT] Sapphire 5830 - $99.99

I wouldnt say blazing hot. 5850s are worth about $140-150 these days, and Ive seen used 4890s (equal to the 5830) go for $75.

I wouldnt say blazing hot. 5850s are worth about $140-150 these days, and Ive seen used 4890s (equal to the 5830) go for $75.

its BNIB, no mir, cheaper than a 5770. DX11. Runs cooler. For people not looking to buy used products, I would have to disagree with your statement. This would be the budget card to go for.

Great deal except that Sapphire is utterly untrustworthy and has awful service and support.

Llama[Style];1037277623 said:
its BNIB, no mir, cheaper than a 5770. DX11. Runs cooler. For people not looking to buy used products, I would have to disagree with your statement. This would be the budget card to go for.

runs cooler? it has a 62% higher TDP than the 5770. Its TDP is higher than than 5850 and just 8w lower than the 5870 it's not cooler than a 5770, and an OC'd 5770 can beat it. It's a good deal don't get me wrong, but it's a power hog.

Does this card have any full water blocks for it?

Looks like hot deal. I almost bought one before I got my GTX470.

2 of these water cooled in Xfire would be sweet.

it was on sale for 100 before AND you got a $50 windows media center tv tuner card before....i'll pass up this one too. inefficient cards...meh

While this is cheaper then most 5770s it definately does not run cooler and requires two six pin PCI-E while the 5770 requires only one.

runs cooler? it has a 62% higher TDP than the 5770. Its TDP is higher than than 5850 and just 8w lower than the 5870 it's not cooler than a 5770, and an OC'd 5770 can beat it. It's a good deal don't get me wrong, but it's a power hog.
While this is cheaper then most 5770s it definately does not run cooler and requires two six pin PCI-E while the 5770 requires only one.

I Think he was referring to running cooler thena 4890.. The 5770 was a price point being made & the rest looks like it was comparing it to the 4890 that he quoted.

Great deal except that Sapphire is utterly untrustworthy and has awful service and support.

That's just not true. Sapphire has great support you just can't call them. They respond within minutes of your email everytime. They are very cool about warranty as well no receipt needed they just use the serial.. This statement is false in my experience. They have been great lately. A couple years ago this may have applied not now. I would buy Sapphire with no hesitation...

That's just not true. Sapphire has great support you just can't call them. They respond within minutes of your email everytime. They are very cool about warranty as well no receipt needed they just use the serial.. This statement is false in my experience. They have been great lately. A couple years ago this may have applied not now. I would buy Sapphire with no hesitation...

Well my statement was true from my point of view, I've had repeated very bad experiences with Sapphire however these were over 2 years ago. If they've cleaned up since then, great, but I'm still not giving them another chance anytime soon.

I Think he was referring to running cooler thena 4890.. The 5770 was a price point being made & the rest looks like it was comparing it to the 4890 that he quoted.

+1 :p the entire post was in reference to the 4890, not the 5770.

I had bought two of these several days ago. Seen they added code and got on chat with Newegg. They credited my account the 20 bucks.

Outstanding.

The cards work great. Im running them 930 core no problems and the new Sapphire Trixx allows voltage control so I may try to get some more out of them.

Any of you guys do any btc mining on them? If so, how do they perform? Worth snagging a few?

this doesnt run cooler than 5770...

Anyone who wants to buy two of these would be better off spending $200 on a single GPU.

Having ran Xfire in the past I know it works well for the games I have played. Performance for gaming in Xfire is very good for the games that I played and Xfire does produce nice results in synthetic benchmarks.

Which single card for $200 do you think is better than 2 HD5830s in Xfire?

I would rather have a single GPU for gaming but for $200 the performance potential of Xfire of HD5830 looks good. I can't think of another single GPU card in this price range that would compete.

Last edited:
Probably a 560ti or 5870?

Well both of the 5870's I saw for ~$200 are OOS, but the 560ti would likely still be a great choice if you grab the deal going for $190.

Probably a 560ti or 5870?

Well both of the 5870's I saw for ~$200 are OOS, but the 560ti would likely still be a great choice if you grab the deal going for $190.

You know what you are right. Doing some research on the HD5830 over at HWbot.org and the synthetic benchmarks for HD5830 are terrible. I don't fully rely on synthetic benchmarks but the scores for HD5830 are so low that it makes me think there is a serious flaw with this card.

560ti looks better any day of the week. I didn't realize the HD5830 had so many performance issues. I had a HD5850 and that card was a beast.

snagged two of these, may pick up another one pretty soon if the code keeps working.

anyone know how to fix the top corner lag glitch? I just bought these not too long ago, put them on xfire, installed the latest driver version a but still has a top corner glitch

You know what you are right. Doing some research on the HD5830 over at HWbot.org and the synthetic benchmarks for HD5830 are terrible. I don't fully rely on synthetic benchmarks but the scores for HD5830 are so low that it makes me think there is a serious flaw with this card.
Seriously? I mean, seriously?

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2010/02/25/amds_ati_radeon_hd_5830_review/7

For a $100 I ordered one, pretty good deal on a card that still can compete with the 6000 series cards today.

Just bought a 5770 for the same price at frys, anyone know what their return policy is?

Seriously? I mean, seriously?

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2010/02/25/amds_ati_radeon_hd_5830_review/7

For a $100 I ordered one, pretty good deal on a card that still can compete with the 6000 series cards today.

It just has so many negative reviews. While the GTX560ti seems to be golden since day 1.

For $100 it does look like a good deal though. I was thinking about getting 2 for xfire but it looks like it may have a problem scaling.

I guess I do put to much faith in synthetic benchmarks. I try not to. I just havn't heard alot of good about the HD5830.

I hope it works out for you. Please post your thoughts about it when you get it.

Why are people comparing a $200+ card to this $100 deal. Are you people high or just hard up for thread crapping?

Why are people comparing a $200+ card to this $100 deal. Are you people high or just hard up for thread crapping?

They are not comparing the 560ti with just one 5830. They are comparing it to two 5830 in crossfire. How about you actually read the damn thread and then make your comment.

They are not comparing the 560ti with just one 5830. They are comparing it to two 5830 in crossfire. How about you actually read the damn thread and then make your comment.

ha, missed that. thanks.

no problem, I was confused at first too, but then went back to read the first page :D

"Although you've entered a valid promo code EMCKEHK42, your order does not currently meet the code's usage criteria." That's the message I get when I try to apply the code.

Code ended at midnight, now back tp $109 shipped.
Length nine and one half inches with connecters on the top.
Hope to build soon, looks impressive.

Last edited:
Back