Blendtec Blender Meets 50 Cal

HardOCP News

[H] News
When I first read the title of this video, I thought they were going to try to blend the actual gun. Then I realized this was a parody of the "Will it blend" videos and he is actually shooting the crap out of one of those blenders. :)

Damn. [H]ardOCP needs a Youtube channel of them shooting defective parts and they could make some money from the ads from Google or whatever.

How much is a slow-mo 500fps camera?
Time to get serious.:D

I have one of those blenders, they're too damn expensive to shoot, but then again when he's firing a rifle that costs at least $4 every time you squeeze the trigger maybe he has money to burn.

Damn. [H]ardOCP needs a Youtube channel of them shooting defective parts and they could make some money from the ads from Google or whatever.

How much is a slow-mo 500fps camera?
Time to get serious.:D

Get one of these! Not just because it's called the phantom...:p

I have one of those blenders, they're too damn expensive to shoot, but then again when he's firing a rifle that costs at least $4 every time you squeeze the trigger maybe he has money to burn.

Yeah, I've got one as well. If you actually cook things on a regular basis, it's a great purchase. Plus, it has to be the best snow cone maker on the planet :D

Yeah, I've got one as well. If you actually cook things on a regular basis, it's a great purchase. Plus, it has to be the best snow cone maker on the planet :D

I've probably had more fruit smoothies this year alone than most people will have in a lifetime at Jamba Juice.

Still working the kinks out on making ice cream with it, still too icy of a consistency, and the flavor really doesn't sit well with me.

Not to mention the $10,000.00 the rifle will cost you in the first place...

Yeah, it's only $118,000. But 1052fps at 1080p is crazy.

Need more new episodes of Time Warp now.

It can do 4400fps at 256x256, or 4k at 555 :D. The minimum lux would be ideal for a load of things (obviously it's going to be high sensitivity)...damnit, now I really really want one...

Should add this to the SS thing...:p

That tanerite slow motion shot was FANTASTIC!

Damn, the build quality of that blender is pretty good!

thanx for making me sad to live in CA again ...we can't buy one of those .50 cal rifles here if we wanted to.

god d*mn Constitution don't seem to apply here... oh well.

that blender held up better than i thought it would...

seriously though for any number of reason i need the economy to improve so i can get the F*** out of California...worst choice of my life to move here for work several years ago..i hate this place.

I've probably had more fruit smoothies this year alone than most people will have in a lifetime at Jamba Juice.

Still working the kinks out on making ice cream with it, still too icy of a consistency, and the flavor really doesn't sit well with me.

You can make ice cream with one of those things? It would seem that it spins way too fast to ever get a nice small ice crystal formed, no? I love ice cream so I picked up one of These. Don't have to mess around with pre-chilling anything, just mix your ingredients, turn it on and wait for delicious ice cream.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
That was pretty good. :D But I hope it was worth the $300 or whatever a BlendTec costs these days. :p

Yeah, it's only $118,000. But 1052fps at 1080p is crazy.

Need more new episodes of Time Warp now.

that camera is way faster than 1000FPS. The Barret fires a round at somewhere around 2800FPS which means a 1000FPS camera would only catch the bullet every 2.8 feet. I'm guessing it's somewhere in the 20,000-30,000FPS range to slow down that bullet like it does.

It was annoying listening/watching him try to imitate the blender guy. But cool video nonetheless.

Have you tried adding a tablespoon of vodka to the ice cream? It makes the consistency just right. I made some Nutella ice cream a couple weeks ago, and that worked great.

You can make ice cream with one of those things? It would seem that it spins way too fast to ever get a nice small ice crystal formed, no? I love ice cream so I picked up one of These. Don't have to mess around with pre-chilling anything, just mix your ingredients, turn it on and wait for delicious ice cream.

If you add ice cubes to some recipes, you can get a pretty good approximation to soft server ice cream. I just mix my ice cream with the blendtec and mix it with a Cuisinart ice cream maker. The blendtec really makes the ice cream fluffy.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
The dude in the beginning of the video comes off as a creepy pedobear with that weirdo smile of his.

If you add ice cubes to some recipes, you can get a pretty good approximation to soft server ice cream. I just mix my ice cream with the blendtec and mix it with a Cuisinart ice cream maker. The blendtec really makes the ice cream fluffy.

Adding frozen water to ice cream seems counter intuitive to me. Seems like it would water down your ingredients, thus diluting your flavor.

Adding frozen water to ice cream seems counter intuitive to me. Seems like it would water down your ingredients, thus diluting your flavor.

As long as the recipe takes the extra liquid into account, it works well. The energy imparted by the blade really melts a good majority of the ice.

As long as the recipe takes the extra liquid into account, it works well. The energy imparted by the blade really melts a good majority of the ice.

I see. Awesome! I always encourage people to make their own ice cream, as it is 100% better than anything you can buy at the market (this includes "gourmet" brands). Sorry for side tracking here Steve, I am just an ice cream enthusiast. :D

I own a barret 50 cal I have only shot it once, I think it's too dangerous to use unless you are in the middle of nowhere the bullets just keep going for over a mile if you miss and I got nothing to shoot.

I want somebody to donate there old car and I will go out to the middle of no where and tear it apart with it.

They are easy to get and they have no laws unless you live in some where lame like california

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/2BFMM99A1K1NA-1.html

Am I the only one that thought he said "blow me" as he pointed at his crotch? I guess he said "below me" pointing at an ad, but whatever.

that camera is way faster than 1000FPS. The Barret fires a round at somewhere around 2800FPS which means a 1000FPS camera would only catch the bullet every 2.8 feet. I'm guessing it's somewhere in the 20,000-30,000FPS range to slow down that bullet like it does.

I'm not a physicist, but I play one on TV.

What does the acceleration curve look like? He is pretty close to the target, I would say about 100m or less... in other words, bullet doesn't go from 0 to 2800ft/s in a microsecond, eh?

Nevertheless, fast camera!

When can we see Kyle shooting Bulldozer sample with camera setup like this? :D

Back