Blizzard on Cheating In Diablo III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course. But Blizzard's track record on identifying who is cheating scum and who is an innocent caught in the crossfire has been lack luster. I've read (and even played with a few) about plenty who end up getting their account banned after getting hacked. This was mostly due to the compromiser doing some shitty things with the account.

With that said... I can only see Blizzard's (blind) zeal 10 times worse here. Now instead of being an annoyance to their fan base; hackers are directly interfering with their bottom line.

Exactly, which is why Blizz should have made the game playable offline, so those people who don't want to deal with all that junk don't wind up getting hacked and banned at random. Those people would still be able to play a game they bought and paid for, offline, single player, as they wanted to in the first place.

Exactly, which is why Blizz should have made the game playable offline, so those people who don't want to deal with all that junk don't wind up getting hacked and banned at random. Those people would still be able to play a game they bought and paid for, offline, single player, as they wanted to in the first place.

I'm so sick of hearing this argument. You can play the game by yourself, without the AH.

"Omgggg, Blizzard took away mah single player mode that I would never use, now I have to play with cheaterzzzzz". Don't like it? Don't buy the god damn game.

Self entitlement, making the Internet shittier since it's inception. :rolleyes:

Well it is what is is. People can either buy it for what it is or wait for an emulated server/hack (no I'm not advocating piracy, begone troll(s)) that allows for offline single player mode.

I'm so sick of hearing this argument. You can play the game by yourself, without the AH.

"Omgggg, Blizzard took away mah single player mode that I would never use, now I have to play with cheaterzzzzz". Don't like it? Don't buy the god damn game.

I think his real gripe is that he can't play the game offline. Not that he can't play the game without the AH. ... But what do I know... wouldn't be the first time I've gotten blasted (in this thread) for looking at someone's opinion at face value. Either way, the complaint of a few people isn't going to stop a multimillion dollar gaming company from raking in the profits how they see fit.

Cheaters take away the fun of the game and I agree with the INSTABAN! If you're caught, fork out another $60 for the game again and when you cheat again, another INSTABAN!

I would rather suck at something than cheat, but I guess that's why I suck at games more often than I am good...lol

Might want to re-read that fragment again.

You're missing my point, I don't believe the always online "feature" of the game has ANYTHING to do with piracy. The fact that it helps against piracy, at least the initial "0-day" syndrome was a minor side benefit. I'm a firm believer than that always online model has everything to do with Blizzard making sure they're in as much control as they can of every dollar associated with transactions in this game and nothing more.

Well it is what is is. People can either buy it for what it is or wait for an emulated server/hack (no I'm not advocating piracy, begone troll(s)) that allows for offline single player mode.

I think his real gripe is that he can't play the game offline. Not that he can't play the game without the AH. ... But what do I know... wouldn't be the first time I've gotten blasted (in this thread) for looking at someone's opinion at face value. Either way, the complaint of a few people isn't going to stop a multimillion dollar gaming company from raking in the profits how they see fit.

It's just annoying, he knew months before the game launched that there wasn't going to be offline play, yet he still bought the game and feels that it's necessary to bitch about it.

That's like bare backing a $5 whore and then bitching because you contracted herpes.

It's just annoying, he knew months before the game launched that there wasn't going to be offline play, yet he still bought the game and feels that it's necessary to bitch about it.

That's like bare backing a $5 whore and then bitching because you contracted herpes.

You got a chuckle from me there. I can't argue with that... ;)

Actually it's more like sexing a virgin princess, only to find out months later that she's secretly a back alley whore in the evenings - then you get herpes.

No one really knew how always-online was going to negatively impact how you play the game. It could just have been authentication-only instead of the constant-connected-for-every-swing/constant latency that D3 has.

Remember to get your refunds soon, we're coming up on the 1 month mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back