Bloodrage GTI stuck on code AE

generalv

n00b
Been running this board for over a year now, until today I thought it was awesome.

I may have accidently bumped the CMOS Reset button on the back when I was plugging in a USB device. I'm not sure because it was still running fine until I rebooted.

Now the board hangs on boot and I cant get into the BIOS. It will actually give a POST beep and then start though the cycle, then just hangs. I've tried removing the CMOS battery, setting the jumper to force it to BIOS2, reseating the RAM and switching the slots, reseating the CPU and it continues to do the exact same thing.

CPU is i7-960 and RAM is G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 12GB (3 x 4GB) PC3 10666 Model F3-10666CL9T-12GBR.

Anyone have any experience with this board or know exactly what that code is doing? When I first built it I remember it being fussy about the BIOS settings, but a force reset always got you back into the BIOS to reconfigure.

Its almost impossible to fine another one of these boards. So if I can't get it to boot back up, it will likely mean all new build, weeks worth of work reconfiguring, and lots of $'s for new game licenses.

Had a similar issue with mine when I had it. What I did to resolve it was while the computer was off, I would hold the reset CMOS button on the back of the mobo (io panel) and press the power button at the same time. The computer should not turn on at this time. Then release the CMOS button and press the power button, system should boot. Hop back into the BIOS and load defaults, save, exit.

I finally figured it out. Resetting it put the defaults back to the bus speed the same as the CPU. The memory I was using would not OC that high, at least at stock voltages. I had manually set all that with the previous CPU and RAM, then when I upgraded them I never noticed that they would never run together at BIOS defaults. I probably should have set the secondary BIOS to some very safe settings, but I never did and they had settings that wouldn't run with that RAM either. I figured it out when I borrowed some faster RAM to test and verify the BIOS wasn't fried. It booted right up and I saw the settings. I set those again and put my RAM back in and I'm back in business. I think I'm going to buy some faster RAM. When I upgraded previously, I skimped a little on the speed and it's notable. The prices are pretty low now, so I'm going to get the larger capacity RAM with a much higher speed and be done with it for a while.

Back