Bloodrage in stock at NewEgg

Sold out in less than an hour. Can't believe so many people want this ugly thing. :)

I can't understand the desire for this board either.

Does it have features/options that the other X58 boards do not, because I just can't see that all the hype for this one was based on its looks? It has to be, in my opinion, the bar none ugliest X58 currently available on the market. It must have something I'm overlooking. :confused:

...3 RAM banks on a X58? I love that the first reviewer tried to call this a "perk".

The inclusion of LGA775 mounting holes on the board is interesting, but I'd be concerned that it weakens the area around the socket; doesn't look to be specially reinforced.

Cooling looks sufficient, but far from impressive.

Like the others, I don't know what the big deal is.

pci-e slot placement is horrible for anyone interested in trying triple gpus.

3 banks is a perk for overclocking. You get better overclocks when you only fill half the banks. This even holds true on current chipsets.

With a board built for overclocking there is no need for those other slots as your intended market has no need for them. It also enables you to make sure things will OC even better then having all the banks yet only filling half.

This board isn't made for most people, it's got a target audience and that's it.

3 banks is a perk for overclocking. You get better overclocks when you only fill half the banks. This even holds true on current chipsets.
I don't think this is as much of an issue anymore with X58 and Core i7 technology. I see several people filling six banks and getting excellent results. Have some Core i7 data to back this statement up? I haven't seen raw data either way to make such definite statements.

I doubt this board will do something magical that half a dozen+ other x58's don't already.

Everyone here (for the most part) is just knocking the looks. I like them. I have a Cooler Master HAF 932 case, black and red, board is same. Is that why I bought it? No but it was not a negative ;) .

At this point it is all relative. One board might get a frame here, or a couple MB's + xfer there. I like the layout, appreciate the SAS hookups, RAM overclocking looks very promising and I am NOT wanting to buy a board with NF200.

I also decided to buy the Foxconn because I have been impressed with some of their recent releases.

The p6t6 workstation, the eVGA x58 were also on my radar. Those look like fine boards too. From here forward it is mainly going to be about BIOS support and such.

At this point there are no final results on anything, just gotta go with what you feel will serve your purposes best. Let's hope my decision turns out well. :D

I will post my results here. (there might be people actually interested out there! Not just drive by posters)

yep this board is popular, it oc well as other board or better. so performance wise is same or better, but it is also better looking in my view so why would i buy other board with so so looking, and about same performance as this one. this simply has more pros, i doubt i will use tri-sli gpu, or 24gb ram. i mean what do you intent to use with 24gb ram? too bad i receive the in stock notification but when i went to buy it, it was already sold out the 2nd time.

so performance wise is same or better
Can you back up this "better" statement with some raw data? Most X58 boards are overclocking the same from the data I've been reviewing over the past couple weeks. It's far too early to use statements like "this board overclocks better".

a forum post does not constitute a review and the hexus review revealed nothing out of the ordinary in terms of overclocking. bloodrage=typical x58+pretentious name.

a forum post does not constitute a review and the hexus review revealed nothing out of the ordinary in terms of overclocking. bloodrage=typical x58+pretentious name.

then what kind review are you looking for?? anandtech, tomshardware, hardforum? the point of forum is qualify user discuss their views on certain product, from their profile, they seem certainly has more experience than me about oc. beside if you follow through entire hexus review, there are alot good things they said regarding this board. but wait for few weeks then there should be more review available.

still 3gb memory at 2100mhz@8-7-7-20 is pretty amazing even though he use quite a bit voltage

Looks decent, if i ever decide to jump onto i7, this board and corsair gt would be on my list, matching the red from my 55nm gtx 260 :D

could be the winner for foxconn. if i had adopted a month later it would have been this or the dfi. i have to like a company thats building boards for exactly what i want to do, and not sticking useless wifi and lcd readouts and all that other bullshit. and as far as the name is concerned, we all know what other jive non overclocking, non customer serving non technical supporting company it was that started with this naming crap.

only reason i would buy this is to put it in the bloodshot black and red danger den tower case, that would look sick.

Back