Blow hole in Bro's Comp

UT-Jackal

Limp Gawd
Just finished up putting in a 120mm fan in the top of my bro's computer out of bordom. Whatcha think?
robertscase11fl.jpg
[/IMG]

UT-Jackal said:
Just finished up putting in a 120mm fan in the top of my bro's computer out of bordom. Whatcha think?
robertscase11fl.jpg
[/IMG]

yup.....thats a blowhole.

reverse it and see if it will suck in the speaker.

its nice, but the screws realy ruin it imo. should of tried to stealth the screws from the underside. But other than that clean cut. What did you use to do it?

JEEVSE

JEEVES/whohasmyname? said:
its nice, but the screws realy ruin it imo. should of tried to stealth the screws from the underside. But other than that clean cut. What did you use to do it?

JEEVSE

Maybe he could countersink them with flathead screws and then paint orange over top of them? Personally, I don't mind the screws. Putting a blowhole in anything gives it a loud appearance already...much less a Vantec 120mm. No sense going for subtle.

Yeah, i hope to get some more of the lian li "fan holders?" Because they are black and it would go with the black molding. And i used a dremel to cut it out.

nice hole but if thats an intake its gonna bring in dust up the ass unless u put a filter on it

If it is a Blow Hole it should blow air out of the case.

And just an idea, you might want to put a fan guard on there to prevent a lost finger.

yes, i know what a blow hole is, and it does blow air out. It is an exahast. As far as the fingers go, im no liable :p

Anyone stupid enough to stick a finger in a fan deserves to get hurt... Any pets?

arock1_3 said:
Nice and clean job, just change the screws.

All a matter of taste, I love the way those look.
Hey, perhaps putting little rubber grommets around them?
That would be pretty slick.

Thankyou for all the feedback. I can see if i can find some pics of the whole computer, but my digital camera is currently in another state with my mom (shes on vacation). But it is orange with UT stickers on it. And i agree with ScHpAnKy, the more i look at it, the more i like them silver. Thanks for the comments guys! :D

The blowhole doesn't need a fan guard...the blades are turning the wrong way. Try it sometime. Stick your finger into a running blowhole...you won't be hurt. Besides, guards make noise. My current project will have 6 120mm fans, none with guards. Too loud.

Nice job on the hole. Now cover up the sticker. ;)

Shadowspawn said:
The blowhole doesn't need a fan guard...the blades are turning the wrong way. Try it sometime. Stick your finger into a running blowhole...you won't be hurt. Besides, guards make noise. My current project will have 6 120mm fans, none with guards. Too loud.

Depends on the RPM. Even if the blades are going in the wrong way...if you stick your finger too far and it's going too fast... Call an ambulance.

Yeah, it runs at a slow speed because we wanted it to be quite. So it wont hurt anyone. I might make a home made fan grill with a long horn on it because the case's overall theme is UT. And i do need to do something about the sticker, but im not sure what.... :(

Shadowspawn said:

It's not really a preemptive safety measures, but more along the lines of making it look cool.

Well the fan spins slow because we were going for silence. So if i do put a fan grill on it will be just for looks.i figure next time i get bored ill just make a long horn fan grill. Because the main theme of the case is UT. And thanks for the compliments :D

Back