Blu ray burner questions

Kckazdude

[H]ard|Gawd
So I just built myself a new box and am now looking to add a blu ray burner to the mix. What suggestions do you have for me? Is there any brand better or worse on the market? Any software considerations? I was using Slysoft for my authoring software on my old burner. Any reason I should not use that anymore? PC specs in sig.

I've often recommended the ASUS BW-12B1ST/BLK/G/AS retail bundle to ensure that those who want a Blu-ray drive have some media playback software of some sort.

If all you want is the drive, however, Amazon lists the Pioneer BDR-208DBK OEM drive as its most popular (and one of its cheapest) Blu-ray burner.

For good Blu-ray (movie) playback, Dangman often recommends ArcSoft TotalMedia Theatre. I've also heard (but haven't confirmed) that Cyberlink PowerDVD 13 (Pro or Deluxe) can play Blu-ray movies.

I haven't performed any research as to what's the best Blu-ray burner in the market. And considering what I know about Slysoft, I don't know why you shouldn't use it (though you may want to upgrade to the HD version, if you haven't already done so).

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back