blu-ray distorting

Modder man

[H]ard|Gawd
with my htpc sometimes the image gets really distorted for a few seconds and then cleans up. other times it gets really bad and just crashes.

specs

amd x3 400e
4gb ram
890gxm-g65 mobo integrated 4290
60gb vertex
external blu-ray drive

Well I don't know what is happening, but I can imagine so more information would be needed, such as

- What software are you using (TMT, PowerDVD, inside media center or stand alone software, is it updated to the newest version)
- Does this happen on all blu rays or just a few?
- Is this reading from the disc directly or from rips?
- Have you monitor system usage when it happens (does your cpu, hdd use spike at the same times?)

A screenshot would help. If you're talking about blocking then it's probably a scratched disk.

I've been getting a TON of damaged disks from NetFlix lately (7 out of the last 10 BR disks needed to be replaced because they had 5+ minute sections where they wouldn't play). The copy of Taken I got last week had a scratch so deep you could see it from the TOP of the disk.

im using the latest tmt inside of media center
seems like all blu-rays at least all the ones ive tired so far
directly from disc
no i havent gotten a chance to, more often than not it happens to my dad

putting in a 5770 solved the issue, but integrated itself should be able to handle this shouldnt it?

Should is the key word. There's no guarantee that a driver bug prevents it from handling it properly. You could try contacting the manufacturer of the IGP for help.

Try the driver i had the same exact issue and it fixed it! good luck

Back