"Blue Fantasy II" Completed. 56k warned!

IceWindus

n00b
Greetings gents, its been awhile! Been busy trying to accomplish and doing things on my end plus I just needed a time out. In the mean time several things happend. As some of you may or may not known, I was planning on no longer doing ATX cases and moving to shuttle cases. In late February I tried a Shuttle SB75 case.

To my dissapointment, the realization of how small these cases were in real life was a shock. After I threw in all my equipment, I ran into several stability problems at the beginning. After that was solved, my HDD died on me after only 2 days inside the shuttle case. Fustrated, I returned the shuttle.

After that fiasco, I started to think about Blue Fantasy. Blue Fantasy had served its purpose well. Over the course of the past months, their were a few things about "Blue Fantasy" that drove me to start thinking of a new version. The first major issue was the the weight of "Blue Fantasy" It was driving me to the point of insanity. When I had to move my case for LAN parties, it was as total bitch to lug around. I actually weighed it and it topped out at 43 pounds!

The noise from my twin Panflo intakes was also driving me insane during my late night gaming sessions since I got DSL. Tired of noise, my case had to have at least a 120mm fan intake mount and preferably a rear exahust one as well. This turned out to be harder then I thought .

Seeings how this was going to be a reversion of "Blue Fantasy" and not a totally new case, I simply deemed it the "Blue Fantasy II" project.

"Blue Fantasy II" was to have the follow modifications done in comparison to "Blue Fantasy".....

1. Reduced weight via aluminum case

2. Thermally controlled rear exhaust fans for better case airflow then Blue Fantasy I.

3. 120mm fan intake for reduced noise

4. Digidoc 5 was to be replaced with a newer more effective thermal and fan managment system

5. Cleaner wiring for less airflow restriction and more appealing interior

6. No painted interior due to the mess of paint chips and scratches from moving parts around inside the case.

After spending weeks researching a new case out of aluminum to replace "Blue Fantasy" I grew fustrated with my choices. Antec had no interest in providing a case out of aluminum with 120mm fan mounts. *The P160 design sucked major* None of the Lian Lis or Coolermasters had a design that appealed to me, or cooling mounts for 120mm mounts either

I been a big fan of Antec style cases for some time now but with this case, I HAD to have 120mm for optimal cooling and reduced noise but plenty of room for whatever hardware came out for the next few years. Neither Antec or Chieftec had this as an option

Then I had a iphany! Cmon IceWind, your a modder, make your own damn 120mm intakes!!

Ultimately, I chose my first Dragon chieftec case out of aluminum. With the case decided, and the design and ideas in place, the "Blue Fantasy II" project began in late March.

For the first time ever, I created an entire worklog of how I created "Blue Fantasy II" for people to see how I make my cases. You may find it here

http://www.cp4g.com/bryce/BlueFantasy2.htm

So without further ado, here she is...

100-0022_IMG.jpg

frontclose.jpg

mightyfront.jpg

frontopen2.jpg

inside3.jpg

closepanel.jpg

nightpanel2.jpg

nightbadge.jpg

inside4.jpg

dooropennight.jpg

nightpanel.jpg

On the right side the full color picture is that painted on there or is that a vinyl sticker of some sort?... cuz thats bad ass

that looks really cool. i really need to start modding my pc7, but i need to buy a new sidepanel first. (and a processor, and a digital camera so i can post noncrappy pics)

what's your next project?

stole graphics from deviantart.com, did ya? :)

for example, your case badge graphics is called "ensnare" - i know because it's my wallpaper.

codeflux said:
stole graphics from deviantart.com, did ya? :)

for example, your case badge graphics is called "ensnare" - i know because it's my wallpaper.
It's sad because I'm very sure the artist didn't even get a cut.

GlobalFear said:
Nice case, well done. But, I thought you were going to run 120mm fans?
It says 120mm intake fan at the top so w probably jsut can't see it.

Are those fans white LEDs? I never seen ones like that, they look really good in your case.

sweet case

All that's needed is to mod that green mobo LED with a BLUE one ;)

BTW nice rig (*looks at own signature ;) *)

It's sad because I'm very sure the artist didn't even get a cut.

I asked him politely in IRC chat some time ago if it was allright to use his artwork for my case mods. He basically told me he didn't care and to go fuck myself. So with that attitude I have no qualms of using it.

I really did want a rear 120mm fan, but with the twin 80mm mounts, it woulda looked reall weird with half the rear 80mm grills cut away, so opted to just install thermally controlled white 80mms and im happy with the results.

Why does the artist deserve a cut, it's not like you are making a profit on his original design.

IceWind said:
Sorry, I was quoting angrybusdriver but I dunno how to do quotes with the new forums.
Hit the little quote button on the bottom right of the post of the person you want to quote ;D

Holy CRAP that is nice! :D

I noticed that you got those pictures on your case from Shadowness.com...That website has to have the best desktops available on the internet...

Back