Blue screen crash with Cat 7.8’s, 2900XT and FSX?

djt

Limp Gawd
I’m wondering if anyone here is using the new Catalyst 7.8’s and FSX. I just put a new build together using a 2900XT 1GB video card, AsusP5K Premium and a Core 2 E6850.

Every time I go to run FSX within a couple of minutes of flight the computer crashes and I get a blue screen message that refers to “ati3duag.dll”. This is on a fresh Windoes XP Pro install and I’ve only loaded a few games so far but everything else (other games) seem to run fine.

I've read that FSX is more unstable on XP, but rather it runs better on Vista. But it seems to be a driver issue, does other games work fine for you?

ATi's xp drivers are a fvcking joke, my CS:S keeps on crashing in some maps that requires lots of horse power

ATi's xp drivers are a fvcking joke, my CS:S keeps on crashing in some maps that requires lots of horse power

Just because you have problems with your setup doesn't mean everyone is crashing on CS:S with ATI's XP drivers.

What is your system specs? You overclocking? Did you stress test all your components and test it throughly?

Just because you have problems with your setup doesn't mean everyone is crashing on CS:S with ATI's XP drivers.

What is your system specs? You overclocking? Did you stress test all your components and test it throughly?

I do overclock @ 860/960, run the same speeds on Vista and got no problems, this is a Xp driver problem, as Stalker crashes in nearly 15 secs after entering in game on XP, but Stalker is playable for hours in Vista.

It is usually user error, software problems, or hardware failure. It might not even be your video card.

I don't have 2900xt so I don't know. Try a different set of drivers with XP.

The only other games/sims that I have installed are GTR2 and X-Plane.

X-Plane which is an OpenGL application runs fine, but I can’t exit the game without hitting “clear, alt, delete”. After I’m finally out of the game I’m in what looks like safe mode and I have to reboot.

With GTR2 I can start and exit the game fine, but the frame rate is so-so.

I haven’t even installed any main stream games yet like Half Life 2 and FEAR and at this point don’t know if I’m going to bother.

My other machine which uses a 680i SLI motherboard and an Evga 8800GTX KO does not have any of these problems.

It is usually user error, software problems, or hardware failure. It might not even be your video card.

I don't have 2900xt so I don't know. Try a different set of drivers with XP.

I don't think so my 8800 gts in Win XP @ 634/930 was problemless

Back