Bluescreen after bluescreen, now not bootable

Brahman

n00b
I'll try to explain a problem I've had the last couple of weeks. My computer has worked just fines for about two years, until 1-2 months ago. It all started after a format, that I did because I found it getting slower and slower. Problem solved, I thought. Over to the next problem, it started to bluscreen after a while. Sometimes I dont even have the time to write in my password for Win7 and both screens just turns into stripes and then the computer bluescreens. Sometimes it can hold for a couple of minutes, half an hour, 3 hours, a day before it happens.

The text on the bluescreen is also very different, sometimes it whines about some drivers, sometimes about things that made be believe the RAM was failuring (it has said things ilke "an attemt was made to execute to a non-executable memory"). What combines all bluescreens though, is that they all sais that they're "beginning dump to physical memory". The other problem is when the computer restarts after the bluescreen, it often just dies. The computer is running but nothing happens on the screens (just black), and it sounds like its starting over and over again. When I shut down the computer for a couple of minutes, it works just fine again until the next bluescreen..

I've tried removing one after another RAM (3x2gb), still the same problem.
Can it be my SSD? Yesterday, when this had happened for the fivehundered time I cant even boot, it just sais that there is no bootable media in the computer. The SSD is found in the BIOS, but not in the boot list.....?

Asus CROSSHAIR IV FORMULA - AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition - Corsair Dominator 6GB DDR3 PC3-12800 - PowerColor Radeon HD5870 1GB - SSD 80GB Intel X25-M

[Testing the RAM]
Download Memtest86+ v4.00 or whatever the latest version is, unzip it, burn the ISO file to a CD, and then boot from it, just like you would do with the XP/Vista install CD. Let Memtest+ run for at least three hours on each stick of RAM separately as well as test the RAM all together. Go for a full 24 hours if you want to be completely sure that the RAM is not a problem. If you start seeing errors, than your RAM is defective or you have incorrect settings for the RAM.

[Testing the Hard Drive]
Download the CD image of Hitachi Drive Fitness Test, burn the ISO file to a CD, and then boot from it, just like you would do with the XP/Vista install CD. Test the hard drive and see if any problems are found. DFT will run on most manufacturers' hard drives. Alternatively, you can use Seagate's SeaTools for DOS to test a Seagate or Maxtor drive. For a Western Digital drive, you could use Data Lifeguard Tools for DOS to test a Western Digital drive.

[Testing the CPU]
Use Prime 95, OCCT, Orthos or Intel Burn Tool to stress test the CPU.

Also hit up the stickied Basic TroubleShooting Guide

I had a similar problem a little while back after I just reformatted and installed a new SSD. Turns out it was my RAM. Luckily it was just one stick so I was able to spot it. If both your sticks are bad, it'd be hard to tell without running memtest for many hours (or until they show errors). Definitely run a good memtest.

Back