Bluetooth Keyboards and Mice

RHollister

Limp Gawd
I bought a Microsoft Desktop Elite for Bluetooth probably 4-5 years ago for a pretty penny (maybe 170+). I really like it and it has held up well over the years. I went to the store last night to pick up another Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse set. I figured in the 4-5 years since my first purchase Bluetooth input devices would be 1) Much cheaper and 2) Industry standard.

To my surprise there was only 1 bluetooth desktop set and it was a Microsoft one for $250. WTF? What is all this 2.4GHZ crap? I do not want to plug in some dongle and add another driver to the system, this hardly seems like much of an upgrade from the IR ones that needed to be in direct sight of the transceiver.

The beauty of bluetooth is that many laptops now come with it and even if they dont, bluetooth receivers are cheap.

Anyone have any idea why this stuff is taking so long to develop? Has the industry moved on from Bluetooth peripherals?

The logitech MX5500 K/B and mouse combo is bluetooth, and i love it... has volume and media control buttons on the side, and has some function buttons and stuff...

Back