Bluetooth

Can someone please explain to me what exactly bluetooth does, and the benefits. I'm about to get a new phone thats bluetooth enabled. And was wondering the benefits i can get from this. Is it basically just wireless for perpherials? Like my mouse/keyboard/cellphone headset can all be bluetooth wireless? Is this the only benefit?

its a wireless data system that has a short range but uses very very very little power
it can detect how far away the other thing its talking to is and use just the minimum amount of power to transmit to it

very very few things use it to its full cabability
speed is limited to 1Mb per sec as I recall

they origionaly had grand ideas for it
but about the only thing its being used for is some keyboard/mice
and wireless headsets

the best way to think about it is as an omnidirectional replacement for IR on your cell phone/pda/lappy

so basically the only benefit to my phone having bluetooth is i can have a bluetooth headset and keep the phone in my pocket. Thats about it so far? :confused: lol :p

I use it to get pics off my camera phone, and put ring tones on it I download off the net for free instead of paying $1 for each one I want...along with my bluetooth jabra (headset which is awesome!)

Back