Blurry text issue after latest catalyst update

XeRo_Dark

Gawd
updated to the latest catalyst driver 13.1
using a radeon hd5770
win 7x64 ultimate (all drivers up to date including drivers for hardware)

ive yet to have any issues with this card since i baught it like 2 years ago, i updated to the latest catalyst driver and on all 3 of my monitors text is blurry the brightness/contrast ratio seems to have been distorted tried ati overdrive negative led bias, gpu scaling (all options for each monitor to try and correct the blurry text.) all monitors are running with a dvi cable except my main which is on a display port via active dvi>display port. enabled and disabled eyefinity and yet nothing makes any sort of difference, tried stress testing the card to figure out if maybe the card is just going and such. reverted drivers back to the previous one and yet the text is still blurry with any color scheme..... its almost as if the new driver left some sort of registry key which is conflicting or just not working right with anything even after completely removing and reinstalling the driver... this is driving me apeshit lol

any suggestions?

Check to see if morphological anti-aliasing is enabled. If the text is blurry outside of games, then I can't help you.

text is blurry outside of games or 3d its blurry on my desktop as well as on any webbrowser... im pretty sure ati changed something with the GUI or something perhaps an incompatible or conflicting driver? who knows this is way too annoying right now...

text is blurry outside of games or 3d its blurry on my desktop as well as on any webbrowser... im pretty sure ati changed something with the GUI or something perhaps an incompatible or conflicting driver? who knows this is way too annoying right now...

Did you not just read the two earlier posts? There is a setting in AMD/ATI's software that applies that crap AA to everything, be it game or not. Change the setting and your desktop will be back to normal.

MLAA makes text blurry everywhere even though it is listed under "Gaming" in the AMD Vision Engine Control Center.

Right click your desktop.
Choose AMD Vision Engine Control Center
Left click Gaming
Left click 3D Application Settings
System Settings should be highlighted
Under Anti-Aliasing the 5th option should be Morphological Filtering
Make sure it is off.

That should cure the mayonnaise smear effect you're experiencing with your text. On another subject if you get grey lines on your monitor Google "Disable Flash Video Hardware Acceleration". And don't enable AMD SteadyVideo on web videos; it's fine for desktop video though. You and your AMD video card will experience many more years of Zen harmony if you follow these easy relationship building steps.. :)

also, check to make sure your resolution is set to native for your monitor. It has a big effect on blurriness if it has to scale.

resolution is native to all 3 monitors with eyefinity enabled its 5760x1080, with it disabled natives are 1920x1080. MLAA has been disabled. and is still disabled and will stay disabled because it sucks lol
although its still blurry as all hell. i think my gpu got damaged from the update, i reverted drivers back to the old ones and reverted back to 2 other previous drivers...

Check your Pixel Format under My Digital Flat Panels if that page is available.

ahhh haaah! was a combination of LCD overscan % (scaling) and LCD overdrive i guess the update must have enabled the options which were making my monitors go all retarded... "you never go full retard." guess it must be true lulz thx guys

Back