~Bob-Slay smOked!~: lots-o-pics>>

Mase

2[H]4U
There are almost NO pics of this case out there ATM in a completed state. @ almost $200 shipped its no suprise.

I finally moved my junk off my Test Bench. Great setup and very convenient but the dust of open air and the lack of focused cooling made me want a change...

Ben from MountainMods was cool. He helped get my case ordered w/ a tweak on the original design. I wanted the flight-deck 120's operating as intakes (one for the CPU/ one for the GPU) but didn't want to strand my PSU's 120 in the cargo hold alone...

I used 3x A.C Ryan BlackFire4 Kameleon 120's, they are made of similar smoked plexi. Controlling them, a Silverstone PCI backplate 3-channel rheostat. The thing works PERFECT and its in ez-reach like all the rest of the LAN-oriented side I/O's. I wanted the option of filling the last front bay w/ a new Matrix Orbital down the line...

I ordered the new Gigabyte 650i-DS4 even tho I'm sitting on a perfectly good DS3... I think the Monopoly-Hotel NB cooler intrigued me...lol :p The memory sockets on this board face the proper direction to not display the backside of my stix as the DS3 did, just an interesting note... plan to OC soon!

Bob-Slay's have a max height CPU cooler restriction of about 120mm. Anything taller that that and the top handled piece of plexi wont fit (yes the handle WORKS). The cooler on my test bench was about 5mm too tall. I decided on the ThermalRight SI-128 as a replacement. Regardless of orientation, this cooler impedes the fit of the intake fan if mounted inside. Thats why you see it outside. Same great taste...less filling!

Old DS3 TestBench setup

DO NOT PASS GO!

Chix say I got big pipes...

Size compare, Silverstone SUG0

Check how reflective the surface is

Custom 120 and backplate controller

Top-On

Top-Off

15 sec exposures

Speedfan isn't working :confused:
The Gigabyte software and SiSoft are roughly in line w/ each other though...
What else can I use to check temps on this 650i and Vista?

Idle
gwum.jpg

100% Both Cores
gwum2.jpg

sisoft.jpg

You can always get this for the fraction of the price:

http://www.xoxide.com/sunbeam-ufo-cube-case-clear.html

HARDLY!!

The Sunbeam is a rip off of the Mountain Mods case. That's quite obvious, but it lacks in a few areas. One they use cheap extruded acrylic that is also thinner. Next the points of connection - are much fewer than the Bob Slay. That's probably why you don't see a handle on the cheap sunbeam crap copy. Because it's too heavy with everything inside with only a few angle connections the lid would buckle should you pick it up from it. Next the orientation of the Power supply comes out the side? How annoying to have this bulky power cable protruding out the side. Then the slight off center of the intake and exhaust fans blow the symetrical look - next the $2 power buttons/leds again pale in comparison to the antivandal switches and chrome bezels of the Bob Slay. To top it all off Mountain Mods will custom do it up for you anyway you like and offers clear/blue/smoked and mirror colors.

Back