Bold & Javelin pic

Mr. Wolf

Supreme [H]ardness
I saw this on Crackberry.com and thought my fellow BB enthusiasts would like to see it. I love the Javelin, but its lack of 3G is a deal-breaker. :mad:

am i the only one that noticed that on the javelin the q a and z are WAYYYY out of place?

Javelin is sexy and sleek; Bold has the power.

Gimme da power every time!!! :D

Bold looks nice. To bad I just bought my Curve. But really its more phone then I need and the only reason I got the curve was because A I wanted Full qwerty keyboard, and B it was only 100$. Its a solid phone at that price.

Javelin is sexy and sleek; Bold has the power.

Gimme da power every time!!! :D

Yeah the Bold definitely has the better processor, but the Javelin has more memory. The lack of 3G on the Javelin makes it not really worth it for me, though. And being on Tmo, I have to wait even longer for the Bold.

Blackberry Thunder for me, or are they both the same.. just different networks?

Edit: never mind, the name has changed. :D

There was all sorts of crap going on. The Storm was supposed to be the CDMA(with a GSM radio) version, and the Thunder was supposed to be the GSM version, but now a carrier, I forget which, released information saying that the GSM version is going to carry the Storm name as well. It's all too confusing.

Blackberry Thunder for me, or are they both the same.. just different networks?

Edit: never mind, the name has changed. :D

There was all sorts of crap going on. The Storm was supposed to be the CDMA(with a GSM radio) version, and the Thunder was supposed to be the GSM version, but now a carrier, I forget which, released information saying that the GSM version is going to carry the Storm name as well. It's all too confusing.

I posted a heap of links in this thread below.

http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1033083022&postcount=10

Yeah the Bold definitely has the better processor, but the Javelin has more memory. The lack of 3G on the Javelin makes it not really worth it for me, though. And being on Tmo, I have to wait even longer for the Bold.
Ditto on 3G. It's a must for my next phone. The Javelin is awesome; basically a Curve on steroids. If it had 3G, then I'd be all over it. I just don't see any logic behind giving 3G to the Bold and Thunder but not the Javelin. Of course, "settling" for the Bold isn't giving up on anything except a slightly bigger size.

OK, no offense but i really think the HTC Touch HD is much better then the Storm, but i will wait and see, but my moneys on the Touch HD....

If the Storm was being made by anyone else I'd agree with you wholeheartedly but RIM has street cred if you will for putting out good smartphones. The HTC Touch HD is one sexy phone though no doubt, decisions decisions!

If the Storm was being made by anyone else I'd agree with you wholeheartedly but RIM has street cred if you will for putting out good smartphones. The HTC Touch HD is one sexy phone though no doubt, decisions decisions!

I guess i do agree with you on that one, RIM is definitely stepping up their game now, but i probably wont get either of them because i prefer physical keyboards

Ditto on 3G. It's a must for my next phone. The Javelin is awesome; basically a Curve on steroids. If it had 3G, then I'd be all over it. I just don't see any logic behind giving 3G to the Bold and Thunder but not the Javelin. Of course, "settling" for the Bold isn't giving up on anything except a slightly bigger size.

It's actually called the Curve 8900 now... keeping the Curve name alive, I suppose. The 3G radio is pretty big I think, that's why the Bold is so large compared to the 8900. They're trying to keep the Curve series going, and one of the major factors is the size. The Bold is basically a replacement for the 8800 series, and the 8900 replaces the 8300 series.

It's actually called the Curve 8900 now... keeping the Curve name alive, I suppose. The 3G radio is pretty big I think, that's why the Bold is so large compared to the 8900. They're trying to keep the Curve series going, and one of the major factors is the size. The Bold is basically a replacement for the 8800 series, and the 8900 replaces the 8300 series.

I saw that you're running 4.5 on your 8320. How is it working? A few months ago, I tried 4.5 on my 8320 and it crashed every time.

I saw that you're running 4.5 on your 8320. How is it working? A few months ago, I tried 4.5 on my 8320 and it crashed every time.

I'm running 4.5.0.69 right now, and have been for a few weeks. Everything seems pretty stable. I haven't had any huge problems with any of the builds of 4.5 yet, except for the handoff between EDGE and UMA, I always would drop calls when it switched off between them. I haven't tried it with .69 yet though.

I'm running 4.5.0.69 right now, and have been for a few weeks. Everything seems pretty stable. I haven't had any huge problems with any of the builds of 4.5 yet, except for the handoff between EDGE and UMA, I always would drop calls when it switched off between them. I haven't tried it with .69 yet though.
I just installed 4.5.0.108 and it's working great! :)

Back