boo on by boxen.

Ch1m3r4

Gawd
some of my boxen are not turning in work units and I cannot figure out which ones and/or why they aren't.

I should have...::counting in head:: 1, 2 3, 4 5, 6, 7
7 instances I think. One dually, one HT p4, my main rig, and two borged work rigs.
Stanford shows only 5 cpus in the past 7 days, and my points are way down.
I thought it was the dually, because it's connecting through ICS and it's been a little flaky, but according to the logs it's turning in work units.

:( :confused: :(

Time to check all the others I guess...

I was wondering why you're production dropped off so much...

Passed me up, and I thought you'd be long gone, and then you ended up hanging with me! :D

G'luck finding the problem though. :)

PPatBoyd said:
the first place i'd expect it is from the 2 work borgs

the thing is, they are my computers at work, and no one else has access to them. I will have to check them though...

maybe some of your boxen are just getting larger WU's ? see the "Stanford getting greedy" thread.

Ch1m3r4 said:
some of my boxen are not turning in work units and I cannot figure out which ones and/or why they aren't.

I should have...::counting in head:: 1, 2 3, 4 5, 6, 7
7 instances I think. One dually, one HT p4, my main rig, and two borged work rigs.
Stanford shows only 5 cpus in the past 7 days, and my points are way down.
I thought it was the dually, because it's connecting through ICS and it's been a little flaky, but according to the logs it's turning in work units.

:( :confused: :(

Time to check all the others I guess...

You may find, as I did, that your reduced points are the result of all the server difficulties at Stanford. I had a totally unexpected 1200 pt uptick yesterday after dropping 150ppd for a while.

ezee said:
You may find, as I did, that your reduced points are the result of all the server difficulties at Stanford. I had a totally unexpected 1200 pt uptick yesterday after dropping 150ppd for a while.

Stanford had a few servers down over the weekend, and a few more down this week. I too caught some of those catch up numbers.

It happens

well that's a little better anyway.

stanford now sees 6 cpus instead of 5.
I did notice for some reason that on my dually machine, one instance was having no troubles while the other seemed to have a lot of troubles sending in results as well as obtaining new work units. Again, this machine is connected to the internet through ICS, but still it seemed a bit odd that one instance worked dandy and the other seemed to have all the problems. ::shrug::

I was at my parent's house on Sunday and the boxen there had three WU's sitting there ready to be uploaded. I tried to send the results back but every time it couldn't connect to the servers. It was really annoying. I hate to see the results and the points go to waste. Hopefully when I stop down there Saturday I'll get it to upload them then. It's just weird that none of the other three machines I can check on on a regular basis has had any problems. Then again, could just be the shitty dial up access down there.

SmokeRngs said:
I was at my parent's house on Sunday and the boxen there had three WU's sitting there ready to be uploaded. I tried to send the results back but every time it couldn't connect to the servers. It was really annoying. I hate to see the results and the points go to waste. Hopefully when I stop down there Saturday I'll get it to upload them then. It's just weird that none of the other three machines I can check on on a regular basis has had any problems. Then again, could just be the shitty dial up access down there.

I run XP Pro and find that by restarting the machine it will usually upload them. (barring network trouble) The other thing I have found is the box will fold a little quicker!
Good luck on Sunday. You got a nice little bump in points comming.

u_Mayhem33

my XP box (when I was still using dialup) was notorious for not dialing out on it's own... it would.... and then somewhere along the way it was stop dialing out on it's own... got pretty frustrating..... for months it would be fine.... and then something would change, and it would never dial out again on it's own....... it'd take a reformat to get everything working again....

Keep on Folding!!

Back