What OS do you use for Boot Camp?

• XP SP2

Votes: 19 76.0%
  • Vista

Votes: 6 24.0%

• Total voters

USMC2Hard4U

Supreme [H]ardness
I am having a Hard Time Deciding weather or not I want to use Vista 32 Bit or Good Ol' XP SP2 32 Bit for my Boot Camp Partition.

What do you use? And Why?

Vista business, because I need to know how to navigate and configure Vista for our home users that have it.

XP Pro 32. I just needed it for Office 2003 (which has all but been replaced by NeoOffice), when I have to compile/test an assignment, or for some light gaming. My MBP doesn't have a DX10 card so Vista seemed moot. I mostly use Parallels because I'm too lazy to exit out of OS X, it's nice knowing its there though.

XP for a few audio control programs I use for work that won't work correctly under parallels.

XP pro as I had a spare copy and to use vista in parallels you can't use the home versions which is a joke.

Where's the box for Linux, or at least "Other?" I use Windows XP, but not through Boot Camp. Unfortunately, Boot Camp doesn't have support for external hard drives yet, so I had to do things the long way.

Not trying to threadjack but, since were on the topic I have a question. I'm looking into getting a Mac Pro and running either Xp 64 or Vista 64 on it also, I already own a license to xp64 but I hear the support for xp64 is soon to be nonexistent. So would it be worth going with vista? Anyone run these OS' via bootcamp? Are there any issues I should be aware of?

And if you must know, I run 3d programs that tend to get really heavy for 32 bit operations.

I use Parallels in Coherence mode.

I use it for an application or two.

I don't use it for the OS, and in Coherence mode I don't much see the OS.

XP SP2 BootCamp'd with Parallel's and VMWare set up to use them in the OS, I'm liking VMWare a bit more though so I might give Parallel's the boot soon, I just have it for VS.net 2005 for my CSCI classes.

I was originally using XP SP2 in Boot camp, and then using VM Ware to virtualize it. It worked real well, but I kinda want to use Vista. Dunno why?

Back