Bootcamp Windows 7 Ultra Slow Boot

I cant help you solve it, but I can tell you I have the exact same problem.

same prob, did not have that on my old coreduo 2006 mbp. But i do now on my mid 2009 mbp

help would be sweet

Hmm... Well I ordered a new MBP (13 inch) and it should be here Tuesday or Wednesday. I'm already planning on putting Windows 7 RC on it, so I'll report back. I hope it's not too bad.

It simple, you are not booting you are "resuming Windows". When you shutdown you are actually putting the laptop in hibernation instead of doing a proper shutdown. When you start it up it has to fill the ram with everything that was running. Obviously the more ram you have the longer it will take.

Instead of hibernate or deep sleep chose shutdown and you will see your shutdown and boot time improve but your programs and documents that were open when you shutdown wont be loaded at startup tho.

I always assumed the slow Windows boot was due to the Mac BIOS or something.

I've had my MBP (13 inch) for about 2-2.5 weeks now, and I installed Windows 7 Professional (though MSDNAA) on it, and the boot speed is pretty fast.

Just used boot camp on a brand new 13" MBP for a friend here at the college and it boots and works fine for me. Had no problems other than the date/time is never even close on the windows 7 side.

Also a side note maybe i was just hearing things but on anyone else new ones does the disc drive sound like its trying to spin itself into oblivion?

Also a side note maybe i was just hearing things but on anyone else new ones does the disc drive sound like its trying to spin itself into oblivion?

I believe that Apple recently issued a firmware update to solve that issue.

I have a 15" Macbook Pro (pre unibody) with Windows 7 Enterprise dual booted and I can tell you, I don't have this issue at all. But I also reboot/shutdown out of Windows, for what it's worth. I don't put it into sleep while in Windows, I only use Windows to game, OS X for everything else.

I'm having the same problem on my mid-2009 MBP. I can assure you that I'm not hibernating. On every boot into windows, the machine hangs at a black screen for about 30 seconds before the initial "starting windows" screen. Just like the video. Anybody figure this out? It's really frustrating.

Thanks,
BoB

Back