Borderlands, Windows 7 and DirectX10

Antiflash

Limp Gawd
I'm running the game in Windows 7 x64, and have come across some forums assuring that Borderlands runs with dx9 path in W7. They mention several .ini lines to change in order to enable dx10, but I can't see a difference in image quality nor in performance (fps) so I tend to believe it the tweak doesn't work.
My question: Is there any way to check directx path? When I run rivatunner to display fps in game (OSD-on screen display), it shows D3D9, even after "enabling" dx10. I don't know if rivatuner is conclusive about this or is there is a better method to determine DX path.

PD: For your fast reference this is the info in Shacknews about enabling dx10
1. Go to the directory --> C:\Users\[Your user Name]\Documents\My Games\Borderlands\WillowGame\Config a. Find the file WillowEngine.ini (make a copy and rename it as a backup)
2. Find the section [SystemSettings]

Change the following settings to True, you will see if you are currently in DX9 as well.

* AllowD3D10=True (this is the key one to enable the DX10 render engine)

Also change the following

* MotionBlur=True
* DepthOfField=True
* Bloom=True
* UseHighQualityBloom=True
* FogVolumes=True

Found this post by searching for exact the same reason.
DX10 might be enabled, but rivatuner still shows d3d9.
Was wondering or rivatuner CAN display d3d10 or is just programmed to show d3d9 when directx is used.
Anyone can tell more about this ?

Also nice to set LensFlares=True, use your rifle-lens as binoculars :)

They need to make a better menu system and allow us to toggle those settings in game. Its a fun game, but when it comes to graphic settings it looks like they half-assed it. Are they trying to make the console version not look that bad (and the graphics on the console look horrible). AA barely works on the PC!

They definitely need some kind of utility that lets us fine-tune our shit. Man, this game is frustrating to configure, let alone manage the game matching.

Considering Rivatuner hooks the renderer, it certainly knows what it's doing. If it's reporting DX9, then it's DX9.

Out of curiosity, what does "Rivatuner hooks the renderer" mean?
If this is conclusive that no directX 10 in Windows 7, now the question is... does it work in Vista? Could some one test it in with Rivatuner?

Are these tweaks somehow for Windows 7 only (seems odd that they would be)? I'm on Vista and tried enabling some of them and I'm not getting any results. I think Bloom and DepthoField are on in the default maxed settings, but I'm not seeing any motion blur or lens flares working.

Back