fugu

[H]F Junkie
Handful of pictures I took yesterday and the day before:

IMG_4760.jpg

IMG_4761.jpg

IMG_4776.jpg

IMG_4786.jpg

IMG_4788.jpg

As if I didn't need another reason to buy myself a Rebel XT for Christmas, being that I live in Boston now!!!

Sweet shots

That's some serious traffic on the waterfront.

Great pictures! My favorite is the last one with the boats.

n64man120 said:
As if I didn't need another reason to buy myself a Rebel XT for Christmas, being that I live in Boston now!!!

Sweet shots

There's a great rebate on the RebelXT now, I'd get in on it before Xmas if you can.

Those are some great pictures. I have a greater appreciation of non-rainy weather after the long bout of rain we had. Although not the same, I get to watch the sunrise as I take the train into town every morning.

fugu said:
There's a great rebate on the RebelXT now, I'd get in on it before Xmas if you can.

I just see a $75 rebate on the B&H site. Is that it or is there more I'm missing? With occassional dell deals and things always dropping in price, the $75 wouldn't sound like much, but perhaps I'm wrong.

Ah, good old Citgo sign. :D

Nice shots man, I've been really digging these fall sunsets, but I haven't had the time to photograph them.

n64man120 said:
I just see a $75 rebate on the B&H site. Is that it or is there more I'm missing? With occassional dell deals and things always dropping in price, the $75 wouldn't sound like much, but perhaps I'm wrong.

If you buy 2 items that qualify for rebates, your rebates double. 3 items will triple your rebate. So if you pick up the RebelXT, a 70-200 f/4L zoom and a 50 f/1.4 prime you'd get $225 for the Rebel, $75 for the 70-200, and $45 for the 50.

http://consumer.usa.canon.com/app/pdf/Promotions/CIWC_101505_ClaimForm.pdf

BillLeeLee said:
Ah, good old Citgo sign. :D

Nice shots man, I've been really digging these fall sunsets, but I haven't had the time to photograph them.

Thanks, we had some nice clouds today also, got a few more shots.

fugu said:
If you buy 2 items that qualify for rebates, your rebates double. 3 items will triple your rebate. So if you pick up the RebelXT, a 70-200 f/4L zoom and a 50 f/1.4 prime you'd get $225 for the Rebel, $75 for the 70-200, and $45 for the 50.

http://consumer.usa.canon.com/app/pdf/Promotions/CIWC_101505_ClaimForm.pdf

Are those good choices for lens, or just examples? I was still debating if I was going to get some lens, or just start off with the kit lens. Since I had time to decide I haven't looked into the whole lens thing much, but this deal seems nuts. Any basic overview would be helpfull

The 2 lenses are good choices, depending on the kind of stuff are you shooting. I have the 70-200 and am considering the 50. What do you want to take pictures of? Landscapes, people/friends, sports? The 18-55 kit lens is okay, but if you want to do anything indoors you'll want something that does f/2.8 or faster. The 35 f/2 and the 50 f/1.8 or 50 f/1.4 are good choices on a 1.6 crop body.

For an outdoor telezoom, the 70-200 is great optically and the f/4 shouldn't limit you when you have enough light. A good all around lens is the 17-85 IS. It's kind of expensive and again you'll need a lot of light, but it has a great range and the IS is nice to have.

Back