Bought a Seasonic S12 650W at frys today...

imzjustplayin

[H]ard|Gawd
I returned some connectors I didn't need and only had store credit, also had $100 gift certificate from '05 that I got that I had yet to spend so I decided to find a very good way to spend that money, by buying a 2GB miniSD card for $20 with $13 MIR and getting this power supply that also comes with a $20 MIR. So, how good of a power supply is this? I've heard some things about it but I don't know much, how does it compare to the corsair HX620? IIRC the corsair is a rebadge of this PSU? I dunno but yeah..

By rebadge you mean the Corsair is the exact same PSU only with the Corsair name???

S12-EP 650 = \o/ /'o'\ /o/ /o\

Good buy.

Corsair HX 620 is a different design, but manufactured by Seasonic.

You got a good deal.

Help me please to choose PSU FSP Epsilon 700W or the same Seasonic SS-650HT 650W?

Seasonic here is 40$ more expensive than FSP Epsilon! ;) Now I'm using Epsilon but I have a chance to replace it with Seasonic for 40$!

Get the Seasonic.

FSP make good PSUs but the Epsilon design is flawed and causes abnormally high ripple when loaded towards it's maximum rating. The high ripple causes more stress on the power regulation circuitry on your motherboard and video cards.

Check JonnyGURU's review of the FSP Epsilon (aka OCZ GameXtreme 650 and 700) for more information.

Yeah there are too much psoitive feedback on Seasonic! ;)

btw, where is this Jonhy review on FSP Epsilon, I have seen only recommended PSU list by Johny?

Jonny's review: http://www.jonnyguru.com/review_details.php?id=35

Things were satisfactory until test 3. During test 3, I started to see ripple on 12V1 and 12V2 that was nearly 100mV. By test 5, the ripple was 100mV on 12V3 and 12V4 and had exceeded 100mV on 12V1 and 12V2. By test 6, the ripple on 12V1 and 12V2 had exceeded 150mV.

ATX specification has an "allowance" for 120mV. Mind you, test 6 was very stressful, pushing the power supply to it's limits, but it doesn't change the fact that the ripple exceeded spec and this is the first power supply to date I have had do this.

thus its not a rebadged PSU........lol

Corsair doesn't make it's own power supplies, Seasonic makes them. So that qualifies as "a rebadged PSU". You might as well buy the real thing, a Seasonic brand.

Corsair doesn't make it's own power supplies, Seasonic makes them. So that qualifies as "a rebadged PSU". You might as well buy the real thing, a Seasonic brand.

please don't post anymore

I consider a rebage if the components are the same and made by the same company... so in this case.. I consider it a rebage also.

Shit, I have a really big problem now... Ok When I play BF2 my FPS is ok like 34/38 or what ever (not like 12fps) when ever I move my guy, it's like its lagging or something like that, I move him to the left and it kind of stutters and its almost like I have a high ping or something like that where you run forward and it moves you back, something like that. I know it wasn't the ping because my ping was 34...

So my FPS was like in the 40s and my ping was pretty low...

According to MBM5 my voltages are in the 12.04-12.1V range and 4.97-4.95V. Now what scares me is that these seem a bit too high because with my old PSU, I had voltages in the 11.9 or 11.8something and 4.89v and with a mutlimeter, that read as 5v and 12v respectively... So I'm wondering if these seemingly exceedingly high voltages are to blame... I'm going to check to see their actual voltages in a bit.

No that does not qualify them as a rebadged power supply!!
It qualifys them as a custom made power supply!!
A rebadged is just that -- a power supply made by say Seasonic but with a different brand name and exactly the same innard no changes whatsoever!!

That wopuld be like say a PC Power & Cooling PSU is a rebadged Seasonic.....now thats funny!!
Even though Seasonic has manufactured the PC Power & Cooling line of PSU`s. You would be very hard pressed to call them rebadged and wrong to do so!!

:)

That wopuld be like say a PC Power & Cooling PSU is a rebadged Seasonic.....now thats funny!!
Even though Seasonic has manufactured the PC Power & Cooling line of PSU`s. You would be very hard pressed to call them rebadged and wrong to do so!!

:)
I believe Seasonic only manufacturers some of the Silencer models. The Turbo-Cool line is made by WinTec.

I consider a rebage if the components are the same and made by the same company... so in this case.. I consider it a rebage also.

But the whole point is that the components aren't the same. The Corsair has higher grade caps and a different design internally. Not to mention the cables are different, too.

By that rationale:
OCZ Power Supplies are rebadged Topower or FSP
Mushkin Power Supplies are rebadged Topower
Tagan Power Supplies are rebadged Topower
Antec Power Supplies are rebadged Seasonic or Channelwell
Thermaltake Power Supplies are rebadged Channelwell
CoolerMaster Power Supplies are rebadged AcBel
Silverstone Power Supplies are rebadged Etasis or Enhance or Seventeam

There are only about what, a dozen power supply OEMs in the world that do desktop PC units?

I could understand if it was exactly the same part, like if somebody grabbed an S12 and pulled the sticker off and threw on a "Kingston" sticker or something, that's a rebadge. But there's functional differences, so I guess it makes sense to call it a custom-designed product manufactured by Seasonic, which isn't really a rebadge.

Back