Bought an Antec P180B today.

Borgschulze

2[H]4U
So I did it, drove over to Canada Computers on Dundurn St, walked in and demanded an Antec P180B :)

It's MUCH lighter than my Chieftec Matrix series case, and way better looking.

I'm not going to put my parts in it yet though, I'm waiting for a Swiftech MCP655 to go along with it.

Also, today I recieved my tubing from Performance-PCs... they sent me the wrong tubing :D
Why the big smile? I ordered Clearflex60... they sent me... Tygon R-3603! Man, this tubing rocks and I haven't even got it wet yet. It's so soft and rubbery, I feel I have disgraced watercooling by using the cheap tubing I have now.

My question/request though, is if anyone with this case and a radiator attached to the rear 120mm fan bracket, if they could post pictures of how far the rad hangs down and the clearance between the DVI cable and radiator.

I will be using 3 inch long screws with nuts to keep the rad attached back there, with the barbs at the top of the rad going into the case above the fan mount. Possibly build a duct for the power supply exhaust too, so the fans on the radiator don't suck in hot air.

If I can get ahold of a camera I will post picture, I won't even waste time with my webcam, it's not even worthy of looking at the case.

Nice case huh? I love mine. I didnt go watercooling with it though, good luck with that though. And its lighter than your other case?! I dont even want to know how heavy that mother was!

Johnboy12358 said:
Nice case huh? I love mine. I didnt go watercooling with it though, good luck with that though. And its lighter than your other case?! I dont even want to know how heavy that mother was!
Apparently from Google, the Chieftec case weighs 35 pounds.
The P180 is 31 pounds... my scale says 28 pounds.

It feels a lot lighter though, but then again, I haven't picked up the case empty in about 2 years when I bought it.

The directions that come with this case suck, I'm having trouble mounting a Plextor PX-760A in the case because no matter where I place the mounting brackets, the drive won't sit flush with the front of the case.

Borgschulze said:
My question/request though, is if anyone with this case and a radiator attached to the rear 120mm fan bracket, if they could post pictures of how far the rad hangs down and the clearance between the DVI cable and radiator.

I have a radiator hanging off the back of my P180 and I will try to post a pic of it when I get home later tonight.

obviouslytom said:
I have a radiator hanging off the back of my P180 and I will try to post a pic of it when I get home later tonight.
Is the tubing going through the case above the fan hole? That's what I'm planning on doing.

Just mocking up where I need to drill the holes for my radiator.

Anyone know how accurate Swiftec's technical drawings are?

I resized it for the proper size they should be, but do they have everything placed in the right spot? Looking at my rad they do.

picture9jn4.jpg

I have the original p180... it's nice, but I wish I had the new door.

It's a good case... I've done some little mods... I am not sure I would have the room inside for watercooling though.

Yashu said:
I have the original p180... it's nice, but I wish I had the new door.

It's a good case... I've done some little mods... I am not sure I would have the room inside for watercooling though.
Well I'm mounting the radiator outside of the case for sure...

Pump, I still don't know where I'm mounting that.

I have Tygon, so I can cram the pump in a pretty small space.

you might try the space that would be above your optical drive, that is where I would put a pump since I only have one optical... so plenty of space up there.. personally, I use the bottom drive cage, I have a raid volume there... but you could try that space too if you aren't going to use it.

I'm thinking about putting it down in the bottom chamber, where that huge hard drive cage is, mount it sideways in there.

Mainly because I run a T-Line and not a Reservoir.

yeah that's where my raid volume is... with 4 drives that area is kept pretty cool with that fan right there moving air over them.

I've had one of the tricool fans wear out already... I replaced the two in the top with a better set of fans.

Yashu said:
yeah that's where my raid volume is... with 4 drives that area is kept pretty cool with that fan right there moving air over them.

I've had one of the tricool fans wear out already... I replaced the two in the top with a better set of fans.
You have Seagate drives I see, any of them 7200.10? I want to know how loud they are.

I have a new set of 400gb SATA ones... I think they may be 7200.9... are the .10 ones perpendicular?

I have a pair of 200gb ones that are .7 and I think I have a pair of 400gb ones that are .8, so I thought my new ones were .9.

I don't know... I wouldn't think they would be that loud.

Mixed reviews really... the .10s are Perpendicular yes.

Anyways, nobody has posted any pictures of their case with a radiator mounted like mine... it is a dual 120 radiator by the way, I just cut the picture in half so I could put markings on where to drill my holes for the tubing.

Back