bought an x850pro, have some questions.

Yashu

[H]ard|Gawd
ok, I had TWO nvidia cards die on me this weekend, and I was walking through microcenter and saw an x850pro AGP for $116... no annoying rebates either.

ok, so I don't think I can unlock the extra pipe quad... I read that vivo cards can do it, but this has vivo and cannot. if there is something I am missing let me know, still would be nice to unlock to 16pixel pipes.

however, it doesn't bother me too much as I think I can get to 600/600 once I install my zalman on it, and even stock it is still faster then my old 9800pro I was using after my two 6800s died.

I want to use the TV s-video out, but when I have my TV plugged in, lower resolutions on my CRT monitor begin to look strange. it will compress the screen to about half the monitor height and in the middle. I don't want to have to unplug the TV every time I am not using it. anyone have this problem? never had this problem with nvidia cards, but my 9800pro would do the same thing (even though the 9800pro would only output B/w)

I am going to RMA the 6800 and if I get it back, I will end up using it unless I can fix this TV out shit.

bump...

running 600/600 now, but with still 12 pipes...

however the TV out question still remains.

hello ati guys... anyone out there with a CRT and uses TV out can help?

do I need to use the DVI output and use a VGA adapter instead of using native VGA on card? I can't think of anything else to try at the moment.

Yashu said:
do I need to use the DVI output and use a VGA adapter instead of using native VGA on card? I can't think of anything else to try at the moment.

That was my first thought, but I'd only try it if I had an adapter on-hand (el cheapo :p).

Back