Bought Another Prime @ Samy's Camera

nweibley said:
Film SLRs were small, much smaller than the XXD or XD series digital canon's today... and nobody gave a shit. The 350D is probably the closest they have gotten, and now its a big deal? I like it, I'm used to it, and I'll keep it.

The latest film Rebels are comparable to the XT, with the XT being a bit smaller. While pro and semi-pro film bodies were as big, if not bigger than their digital counterparts. The Elan series is very similar in dimensions to the 10d and 20d. Plus, the EOS 3 is almost half an inch wider than the 10d and 20d, while the 1D series is modeled almost directly off the EOS 1v, which is similar to the 1n and 1 that preceded it.

Where the digital SLRs are bigger is depth, all that digital junk takes up quite a bit of space, apparently.

DrNigel said:
A 20d has the same sensor as the 350d,
Sorry for being nitty gritty, but the sensors on these two cameras are not the same, as you can see in this article page: http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canoneos350d/page3.asp
Also, to me i dont think you need a 1 series camera to take pictures for the paper. Sure there are advantages to using a 1 series camera, but if he is happy using the 350D, then let him use it.

Hooker said:
Also, to me i dont think you need a 1 series camera to take pictures for the paper. Sure there are advantages to using a 1 series camera, but if he is happy using the 350D, then let him use it.
Thank you! It's really the digic II image pipeline that lets canon make these CMOS sensor shine... and the 350D has the same digic II as the 20D, 5D, etc.

Ansel Adams didn't exactly have a 1Ds Mark II, but he still did fine with plain old black and white.

All I'm saying, is the 1D is probably the perfect newspaper camera. It's got 4mp, which is plenty, 8fps, which is awesome for sports, tank-like build with weatherproofing, so no matter the situation, you shouldn't have a problem getting the shot. This is why the Nikon d2h is so popular, even though it only has 4mp. A used 1d is comparable to the 20d in price these days.

If he wants to buy the 10-22 and keep the 350d, when having a pro body and L glass wide zooms make it redundant, I guess that's his money. I'm only making suggestions. :D

Back