Bought Bioshock (PC), but....

Khaydarin

2[H]4U
I can't install it. The installation process makes me try and autopatch the game. The installation cannot be completed unless this works. The autopatch process just says that the file is corrupt and lets me either try again or cancel the whole installation. I headed over to the 2K forums and TONS of people have had this issue. I tried a lot of different "solutions" to this issue, but I still have the problem. This blows. I bought the game today and I'm going to try and return it tomorrow.

I can't install it either.

Well, I can, but then I play for 30 seconds, get freaked out, and uninstall it.

Umm.... ain't the first 30 seconds just swimming to the Rapture's entrance? :)

And you want scary game? Go for Aliens vs Predator 2 while playing Colonial Marine.... I one wasted a clip, because the radar showed movement... it was just crane with the wind. And after that game I'd not get into a cellar for few weeks, when it was dark. I still could swear there is horde of aliens waiting for me there...

Coming back to Bioshock, return the boxed game mate, and buy a copy from Steam

And you want scary game? Go for Aliens vs Predator 2 while playing Colonial Marine.... I one wasted a clip, because the radar showed movement... it was just crane with the wind. And after that game I'd not get into a cellar for few weeks, when it was dark. I still could swear there is horde of aliens waiting for me there...

Shut up. I scare easily :(

I'll check to see how much it is off steam; I bought mine from the store for $20.

i hate turning around and finding some guy standing right behind me. i usually play until the shit in my pants starts to seep out over the top of my waist band. then i put rubber bands around the ankles of my jeans, shake the pants around a bit, and re-apply duct-tape around my entire waist.

usually gets me going pretty good for another 30minutes or so before i need to hose myself off in my backyard and re-do the entire process again.

im not sure if ill ever get through bioshock with all the breaks im taking.

Are you behind a restrictive firewall, say at a college or similar? If so... good luck. There are one or two ports that /must/ be opened for the patch to complete, and one is used by P2P software, so it's a hard sell to IT in most cases. Took me almost two weeks to get the game installed originally because of this.

i hate turning around and finding some guy standing right behind me. i usually play until the shit in my pants starts to seep out over the top of my waist band. then i put rubber bands around the ankles of my jeans, shake the pants around a bit, and re-apply duct-tape around my entire waist.

usually gets me going pretty good for another 30minutes or so before i need to hose myself off in my backyard and re-do the entire process again.

im not sure if ill ever get through bioshock with all the breaks im taking.

LOL

Are you behind a restrictive firewall, say at a college or similar? If so... good luck. There are one or two ports that /must/ be opened for the patch to complete, and one is used by P2P software, so it's a hard sell to IT in most cases. Took me almost two weeks to get the game installed originally because of this.

I'm at the Naval Academy right now, and we're on the Department of Defense network. I hope this isn't part of the issue.

Someone above recommended that I get it through Steam instead of retail (like I just tried and posted about). Will I run into the very same point in the installation process?

I'm at the Naval Academy right now, and we're on the Department of Defense network. I hope this isn't part of the issue.

Someone above recommended that I get it through Steam instead of retail (like I just tried and posted about). Will I run into the very same point in the installation process?
you might because most Steam versions of games have the same crap as retail versions.

Hmmm....not worth it then. I was able to return the game (after talking the store past their "well if you opened it then you can't return it" policy).

Hmmm....not worth it then. I was able to return the game (after talking the store past their "well if you opened it then you can't return it" policy).

Or sell it on here (assuming you didn't register anything)..

The Steam version would already be up to date if you got it. You wouldn't need to patch it. If you can run Steam, you should have no problem with this game I would think. Updates for Steam games are usually (if not always) done by Steam from my experience. Also, their support isn't bad either. I've been refunded for an issue I had before. (bought a game, then bought a pack that included it, gift license wasn't an option for this game, so they refunded me for the previous one) I'd think they would refund for something that didn't work. It's definitely worth a try for $19. It's a great game.

Haha yea AVP2 was great. Remember the place where you had to investigate a facility that the aliens had turned into a hive, and you get to this person you have to rescue who's webbed and turned into a zombie or sth, then she says something creepy and then suddenly infinite amount of aliens chase you and you have to escape that facility, as you run and shoot you can see 40~ dots on the movement scanner behind you :D. That was pretty intense. That topped getting spotted by a security cam in system shock 2. Now one really freaky game is Undying which I gave up on partly because I couldnt solve some puzzle and because it made me depressed :/

Anyway, yea haha sorry for OT

Back