Bought my first IPS panel. How did I do?

ToxicAdam

Limp Gawd
I just bought this on ebay for $100 used.

http://translate.google.com/transla...BQ&prev=/search?q=PLL260W&hl=en&safe=off&sa=G

It's 720p but I'm cool with that.

pll26002.jpg

I dunno, at 1280x768 or 1280x720 (cant tell which is the native resolution) at 26", everything is gonna look major stretched. It wouldn't be bad for console gaming though.

Though at $100 who can complain? Is this HDCP enabled?

Yeah, I don't know this brand... I'm hoping someone would chime in who knows more about it.

16ms response time
Its a IPS panel.. that's not surprising

and 500:1 Contrast Ratio :eek:

Well, at least they're not hiding behind dynamic ratios.

When bidding on a auction you don't have the luxury of doing a lot of research when the item has only a few minutes left.

Yes, I still would like to know more about the brand.

16ms response time, and 500:1 Contrast Ratio :eek:

My Viewsonic vp201 has a 16ms response time and a 400:1 contrast ratio. It looks better than 95% of the TN panels out there. I don't think I'll be upgrading for a while (bought it in 2004 - I think). Will probably only upgrade when I can find a 27 inch ips panel under at around $350 bucks (I paid 1K for my monitor!).

Op, please let us know how this works out. That would be awesome, a 27 inch IPS panel for a hundred bucks!

edit - oops, its 26 inches. Also, I would prefer 1900x1200 for that size panel. Still, good deal.

The LCD panel I bought was used as an airport display. I can vaguely see the word Departure/Gate..

For those who say LCDs don't get burn-in are telling you straight up lies.

I had this display going on a month now and it does seem the burn-in is fading as times past.. so hopefully it will disappear all together. I've been running application like JScreenFix that is said to help with such things.

Last edited:
The LCD panel I bought was used as an airport display. I can vaguely see the word Departure/Gate..

For those who say LCDs don't get burn-in are telling you straight up lies.

I had this display going on a month now and it does seem the burn-in is fading as times past.. so hopefully it will disappear all together. I've been ruining application like JScreenFix that is said to help with such things.

I had really bad burn-in on an LCD I bought used. I ran JScreenFix for about a week straight withe brightness/backlight all the way down, and then stopped using the screen for a few days then did jscreenfix again for another few days and the burn in went away.

I had really bad burn-in on an LCD I bought used. I ran JScreenFix for about a week straight withe brightness/backlight all the way down, and then stopped using the screen for a few days then did jscreenfix again for another few days and the burn in went away.
I practically never turn my monitor off. I may try what you did

Back