Bought refurb 6800 was sent pci-e ultra

jgiants

n00b
I saw last week for 255 a agp 8x dd3 256meg dd3 in monarchs refurb section, thought it was a evga limited edition. It was clearly listed as agp but when I got it its a pci-express card that matches exactly the pci-express 6800 ultra on nvplanet(cept some of the numbers are slightly diff on some of the white stickers)

At this time I cant use it to make sure it works since I have no pci-e board. Anyway my question is does anyone know what data I can get from the white stickers on it and fig out who made the thing.

Have not decided what to do about it, if I want to return it they should take it back since they goofed bigtime saying it was agp.

well, if you payed $255 for it, i say sell it on Ebay, and you can probly make ~$500 if its new and not used...more for retail box (opened)...if you don't feel like doing that, then go ahead and send it back...if you know its PCI-E, then its pretty obvious that you should send it back...but Ebay sounds good to me...

omfg!! don't send it back..!! ebay that mofo.. u can probably get 600 for it hehehe

The only pricewatch store listing a 6800 ultra express has a list price of $686.

Whatever you do, do not send a 6800 ultra express back to the store.
Ebay, or I will buy it from you (I'll need pics to verify).

jgiants said:
I saw last week for 255 a agp 8x dd3 256meg dd3 in monarchs refurb section, thought it was a evga limited edition. It was clearly listed as agp but when I got it its a pci-express card that matches exactly the pci-express 6800 ultra on nvplanet(cept some of the numbers are slightly diff on some of the white stickers)

At this time I cant use it to make sure it works since I have no pci-e board. Anyway my question is does anyone know what data I can get from the white stickers on it and fig out who made the thing.

Have not decided what to do about it, if I want to return it they should take it back since they goofed bigtime saying it was agp.

Some people are born lucky. :rolleyes:

i'll give you $256 + $20 for your trouble if you're local. ;)

test it and ebay it.

pxc said:
i'll give you $256 + $20 for your trouble if you're local. ;)

test it and ebay it.
He can't test it, he does not have a PCI-Express motherboard.
Save it for when you upgrade to PCI-Express.

Yea its not retail or anything, it came in a unsealed anti static bag and in a white box. Like I said was from their refurb section and was listed as not new. They listed it as a xfx but I doubt it, just like they were wrong about it being agp.

Ebaying it or keeping it till I can get a nforce4 board are both good options. Prob is far as selling it goes I wont sell somthing I have not tested myself so that rules that out for now.

Basicly I also still want to know wth its from since it seams to be a reference sample, even has made in the usa on it. Was hoping someone would know a place I could punch in some of the numbers on it(there are like 3 white stickers on it) that would tell me.

It dont have a FCC id or I know there is a place I could put that in that would tell me some stuff about it. In the spot for it it just says pending and nvidia corporation.

Also going to see(doubt they will) if they will credit me some of what I paid for my trouble of it not being agp like listed(cant hurt to try).

what do you live? If you live locally, I can have a look, or else, take the pic. And you have to find a friend w/ pci e to test it before you can sell it.

Happy Hopping said:
what do you live? If you live locally, I can have a look, or else, take the pic. And you have to find a friend w/ pci e to test it before you can sell it.

If you look at nvplanet there is a recent preview/review of the pci-e ultra with close up pictures etc. Thats the same card I was sent except in oddly some of their pics they have a copper heatsink and in others its strait aluminum. The one I have has no copper elements to it.

On the back one sticker says Bios Version 05.40.02.15.00 and another says 600-10211-0003-300 REV D

Front has one that says P211-A03-1253 then under it 014-25-04

Dont have a digicam handy at the moment or I would take pics I can in next few days though.

hmmm... interesting. might be an engineering sample... at this point, who knows?

Wow you might be one lucky bastard - or this might be all for nothing haha.

Thought I would update my thread from a month ago, took awhile but I got everything I needed to try the card out yesterday. It is indeed a 6800 ultra and works fine and overclocks to about 460/1.23(did not find max mem it might be a tad more, but at 460 gpu I start to get artifacts)

When it boots up the bios for it just says nvidia corporation so I guess it was just a reference sample that somehow came to be sold in the stores refurb section.

Course for the money spent on the mainboard and amd64 3200+ to use it I could have stuck with my p4 at 3.2 setup with a agp one and saved money hehe.

The mainboard I had to use just because it was avail(chainteck vnf4) is a problem overclocker and a pain in the neck so far and I am not that happy with it, but newegg said no returns on it when you buy it.

jgiants said:
The mainboard I had to use just because it was avail(chainteck vnf4) is a problem overclocker and a pain in the neck so far and I am not that happy with it, but newegg said no returns on it when you buy it.
PCI express AMD boards are really new right now... the problems you are having will probably be solved real soon with a BIOS patch. It might be out already, even... you should check.

Anyway, you're one lucky bastard to have gotten a PCI-express Ultra! those things are pretty much nonexistant right now...

You lucking Frelling Basturd!!!!

My out of pocket $$$ For a PCIe is $549.00,,,

I Hate you j/k :D

Good luck with it and Grats :cool:

Dre

if you were local (and the card works/has a manufacturer's warranty) i'd trade you for a new BFG 6800 Ultra OC.

Sell it now and youll have 600$ to upgrade when you want to and youll be able to get more than just a video card for that much in a few months.

Ahem...
This is nVidia corperation product development manager speaking, John Doe. Congratulations on inadvertly locating the missing engineering sample of our prototype PCI-express 6800 series graphics accellerator card. Those serial numbers you provided belong to a misplaced, pre-production sample. I speak on behalf of nVidia corporation: For an equivalent amount of money, USD, we will buy back this sample card. If you choose not to comply, legal investigations can and will occur, to exploit you and the reseller of this missing engineering sample. Please contact via private messaging to discuss shipment.
.... ^^
:D

i'd have to see pics. but if it is what he says... lucky sob. ;)

krizzle said:
Ahem...
This is nVidia corperation product development manager speaking, John Doe. Congratulations on inadvertly locating the missing engineering sample of our prototype PCI-express 6800 series graphics accellerator card. Those serial numbers you provided belong to a misplaced, pre-production sample. I speak on behalf of nVidia corporation: For an equivalent amount of money, USD, we will buy back this sample card. If you choose not to comply, legal investigations can and will occur, to exploit you and the reseller of this missing engineering sample. Please contact via private messaging to discuss shipment.
.... ^^

:eek: Uh oh Dude,,, They are on to you, better get a lawyer right quick :D And Deny It on all counts, don't answer any questions as they serve to incriminate ya :p

Dre

Why would you go SLi with a 6800U right now, thats a waste of money and time. nothing out except the unreal 3 demo (which no one has) can stress the frickin' card.

krizzle said:
Ahem...
.... ^^
posession is 9/10th of the law quickly SEND IT TO ME! :p

Not sure how lucky I am when I spent over 300 bucks on motherboard and cpu to be able to use the 255 buck videocard. Although not top of the line anymore my old p4 running at 3.2ghz was still fine cpu wise. Just that my 9700 non pro was getting dated and starting to chug in alot of things.

Kind of was in a bind I was stuck with a videocard I was not sure even would work so I could just not sell it. Now that I know it works I already spent the money on everything else so I will just keep it all and be faster all around.

But its kinda funny in a way I woulda spent less money just buyin a agp GT or somthing hehe

I dont have a digicam so I cant take pictures of anything, but I have no reason to lie about it when I first asked about it a month ago when I was not sure what it was or now that I do.

jgiants said:
Not sure how lucky I am when I spent over 300 bucks on motherboard and cpu to be able to use the 255 buck videocard. Although not top of the line anymore my old p4 running at 3.2ghz was still fine cpu wise. Just that my 9700 non pro was getting dated and starting to chug in alot of things.

Kind of was in a bind I was stuck with a videocard I was not sure even would work so I could just not sell it. Now that I know it works I already spent the money on everything else so I will just keep it all and be faster all around.

But its kinda funny in a way I woulda spent less money just buyin a agp GT or somthing hehe

I dont have a digicam so I cant take pictures of anything, but I have no reason to lie about it when I first asked about it a month ago when I was not sure what it was or now that I do.

Well in a kinda sorta somewhat way ya gots a little newerrrrrrr PC :D

Dre

man... sigs should be 5 line max. ESPECIALLY when you dont even have the system in the sig.

hell, I could put mine on one line if I had to.

Back