Brand New Comp..Problem booting XP CD for install

I just bought brand new comp...when i turn my comp on it went straight into the BIOS...so I stuck in my XP CD and changed put the CDROM as first boot priority, saved and restarted. But it went right back into the BIOS and it seems to do that every time...even when i set floppy as my first boot priority..and restart, it goes straight into the BIOS...any clues?

I have an ASUS SLI-Premium mobo by the way....

liverpool03 said:
I just bought brand new comp...when i turn my comp on it went straight into the BIOS...so I stuck in my XP CD and changed put the CDROM as first boot priority, saved and restarted. But it went right back into the BIOS and it seems to do that every time...even when i set floppy as my first boot priority..and restart, it goes straight into the BIOS...any clues?

I have an ASUS SLI-Premium mobo by the way....

Make sure your hdds are set up correctly (make sure they are all plugged in correctly and you have all the jumpers set correctly.) I would even go as far as to pull all hdds out except for your master.

Also, if your not using RAID then I think you have to turn that off in the bios too.

Kathy

Back