Brand new EYEFINITy triple 27" monitor arm

Has anyone had an issue with one side of the "U" shaped bracket (That holds the three monitors) being taller than the other side after being mounted? The bracket itself is not bent but for some reason, after I screw it into the pole, it sits a little crooked, enough to mess things up by about 2-3 centimeters.

One thing I noticed is that it was even at first, but if I twisted the bracket when it was mounted on the pole and into the base, the base itself would come loose and then it was uneven again.

I need to take another look at it, I got frustrated last time. Something definitely isn't right though, with the right monitor sitting a few centimeters lower than the left monitor.

One thing I noticed is that it was even at first, but if I twisted the bracket when it was mounted on the pole and into the base, the base itself would come loose and then it was uneven again.

We kept all the screws a tad shy of hand-tight except the big one that keeps the pole into the table stand. Put the entire thing where you want it and then hang all the monitors. For us it just needed the weight of everything to settle into the correct spot. One we got everything settled, then we started tightening all the screws.

Resultsx.jpg

Another use of the arm, now with 42" pole.

Just got it set up, so wiring tidiness isn't exactly my priority.

Deliberately mismatched 22"+27"+22", very pleased to see that my hunch about a larger center monitor for Eyefinity was on the mark - feels much nicer in FPS. Less noticeable fisheye and more natural to focus on the center monitor.

Is anyone running 3x 30" in portrait mode here? What stand are you guys using?

Resultsx.jpg

Deliberately mismatched 22"+27"+22", very pleased to see that my hunch about a larger center monitor for Eyefinity was on the mark - feels much nicer in FPS. Less noticeable fisheye and more natural to focus on the center monitor.

Pics? :D

Well you wouldn't get that from a picture, just as you can't get an accurate representation of how Eyefinity looks from a picture (everyone without experience thinks the bezels are a big problem, for instance).

It's just that because the side monitors are smaller, the fisheye effect is lessened, because that's what the side monitors show. And conversely, because the center monitor is bigger, it is easier to focus on it.

As for 3x30", contact Chieftec or Ergo tech, which sells this mount to ask about the total load. I had one 30" mounted and it worked fine, so the attachment brackets can clearly hold the weight. I just don't know whether the big bar to which you attach the brackets would hold ~90 lbs.

Did the board change its PM policy, as I can no longer send PMs? I didn't have a problem before but now says I need at least 15 posts.

Hey mj007, if you see this, I'm trying to reply to you about the monitor arm - hit me at jczweig at google's email service.

http://www.++++++++++.com/product_info.php?products_id=15941

Plus you will need to pick out the type of base you want and height of pole.

I can vouch that this triple arm display will handle three 27" monitors easily, just not anything larger. So for all you guys/gals running the odd sizes of Asus and Viewsonic displays of like 24.5", 25", 26", or the Dell and Samsung owners that have 27", this arm is perfect. Now for 24" and below, there have cheaper and shorter models available.

The link is not working can you PM me a working link or repost it?

Just Google Chieftec KTA 325. The retailer is Ergo tech . com.

[H] bans URLs for some retailers for whatever reason.

Yes this is not cheap, but if you check the other very popular triple arm stand made by Ergotron it is pricey as well; http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824994002

But the Ergontron is not made for monitors bigger than 24", so anyone with my size 27" can't use it, or if you have those odd size displays by Asus or Viewsonic of 24.5", 25.5" or 26" you will need the stand I bought

Theres always the Ergo Tech 100-D16-B03 which has telescoping wings that can handle up to 3 30" i believe (standard wings support 24") and comes in cheaper than the similar featured Ergotron. The nice thing about the 100-D16-B03 is you can adjust the angle of the side monitors from flat to 45 degrees.
Heres a video review: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JA8si8k-Wdg&feature=player_embedded

Chief make really great products though..nice setup.

Actually the Ergo Tech stand can not support 3x30. It supports at most 3x25. I had 3x27 and it would not work. I had to replace it with a Chief stand which worked.

For a single monitor, I'd really prefer an articulating mount, not a fixed stand, since you can adjust the height and placement much more easily. For more than one monitor though, you'd be hard pressed to come by an articulated mount, unless you did each one individually.

For a single monitor, I'd really prefer an articulating mount, not a fixed stand, since you can adjust the height and placement much more easily. For more than one monitor though, you'd be hard pressed to come by an articulated mount, unless you did each one individually.

The issue I had was that I'm using a glass desk. Hence I cant use a proper mount.

That makes sense. I couldn't stand glass or metal - too cold!
Posted via Mobile Device

http://www.++++++++++.com/product_info.php?products_id=15941

Plus you will need to pick out the type of base you want and height of pole.

I can vouch that this triple arm display will handle three 27" monitors easily, just not anything larger. So for all you guys/gals running the odd sizes of Asus and Viewsonic displays of like 24.5", 25", 26", or the Dell and Samsung owners that have 27", this arm is perfect. Now for 24" and below, there have cheaper and shorter models available.

Sorry to thread-necro....

But do you guys think this will work with 2 Dell U2410's and a U3011?

I want to run a 24 / 30 / 24 setup with the 24's on either side of the 30. I'm thinking this will be a slightly better alternative to a dual 30" setup...

bumpage on any info to my above question...

IIRC the rule is that the width of two monitors can't exceed 50". If it does, you won't be able to fit a third monitor that has a width equal to either of those two monitors.

I had three 25.5" ASUS VK266H and they juuuuust fit. Maybe 1-2 cm to spare. So add up the width on those and compare.

IIRC the rule is that the width of two monitors can't exceed 50". If it does, you won't be able to fit a third monitor that has a width equal to either of those two monitors.

I had three 25.5" ASUS VK266H and they juuuuust fit. Maybe 1-2 cm to spare. So add up the width on those and compare.

Thanks very valuable info!

I've recently changed my strategy and I'm no longer looking at a Dell U2410 for the sides of my U3007, rather I'm going to try and do a pair of U2007's rotated vertically so that the resolution matches... I'm excited to give it a shot and I'm almost 100% positive this stand will be able to support it.

I tried running Eyefinity on 6 monitors using a 6 DP HD5870 2GB X-fired with a second exact matched one, and it was still slow. Plus 2 rows of three monitors left the center of the game getting split in half.

It made more sense to create two separate areas given I have two workstations. I got two Chief arms shown in these pics below: These two:
KTP320B
http://www.chiefmfg.com/Products/KTP320B

KTP325B
http://www.chiefmfg.com/Products/KTP325B

All the monitors are ASUS 27" VE276Q.

Three 27" Asus monitors in portrait mode with the single stand from Chief:
3-IMG_8702b.jpg

Note: To raise these 27" monitors at all, the extension pole accessory also had to be purchased.

Back of this same Chief triple monitor stand:
4-IMG_8704b.jpg

With extension pole.

This earlier, more work-oriented, build now uses a triple monitor stand from Chief too, but notice it has two bases - which I think I prefer over the other one with only 1 base. It was certainly easier to align all three monitors with the two very supportive bases, plus it was cheaper.
5-IMG_8707b.jpg

The portrait mode takes up much less desk space, though I think it is better for gaming than certain work applications. Not sure yet. It certainly is easier to look at all three screens in portrait than in landscape, which is way too wide.
However, I did not buy the extension pole, and notice these 27" monitors fit by only a fraction of an inch in portrait mode.
This model when used in portrait mode, also shows the horizontal cross bar, but I use it to hang my headphones on.

Neither of these models would probably work for 3 27" monitors in landscape mode.

Both setups together,
7-IMG_8706b.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry for necro; for the life of me, I can't seem to determine if a Chieftec KTA325B will work with 3x ASUS VE278Q. The specs say that 25" is max width. VE278Q is 25.32". I can see that OP is using this stand with 3x 27" monitors, and it looks to me like the bezel on VE278Q is thinner than those old Dell monitors, so I'm not sure.

Anyone with one of these setups care to chime in?

Check the manual or website for the mount, I can't remember the exact dimensions but I want to say that if the width of 1.5 monitors exceeds 55" then it won't fit three of them....been many years since I read it so I could be off on the measurements. My 25.5" ASUS monitors fit with an extra 2-3 inches or so on each side to spare.

I have the 325b and it's known to work with some 27" monitors.

I have the VG248QEs on mine right now so space is not a concern.

Personally, I have the center monitor bezel overlap the side monitor bezels instead of going edge to edge - it puts more angle on everything and gives you less bezel - if you did this with 27s, they would work for certain.

The stand comes with some plastic tubes you can use as standoffs - they are for monitors with recessed VESA mounts. I use the plastic standoffs on the side monitors to make them stick out more and give more angle between the screens.

Here is a pic of the center and right screen (pardon my flash revealed dust :p)
http://imgur.com/BklNbRx

I have the 325b and it's known to work with some 27" monitors.

I have the VG248QEs on mine right now so space is not a concern.

Personally, I have the center monitor bezel overlap the side monitor bezels instead of going edge to edge - it puts more angle on everything and gives you less bezel - if you did this with 27s, they would work for certain.

The stand comes with some plastic tubes you can use as standoffs - they are for monitors with recessed VESA mounts. I use the plastic standoffs on the side monitors to make them stick out more and give more angle between the screens.

Here is a pic of the center and right screen (pardon my flash revealed dust :p)
http://imgur.com/BklNbRx

Nice, I see you have 3D monitors. I will actually be using 1x VG278HE and 2x VE278Q. They appear to have the same chassis, so I'm hoping they're pretty similar.

Back