Breaking NEWS! Apple Removes The Home Button

Just to make sure, you are ranting about the media doing excessive coverage on Apple products right? Or are you ranting about Apple? Well I hope it's the former because it's really just about the media. Apple really do not have to advertise at all knowing that the media will do it for them.

Just to make sure, you are ranting about the media doing excessive coverage on Apple products right? Or are you ranting about Apple? Well I hope it's the former because it's really just about the media. Apple really do not have to advertise at all knowing that the media will do it for them.

It is 100% about the mainstream media...NOT Apple (tech media in this case). It's the same reason people hate Justin Bieber, Lady GAGA etc. etc. etc.

Let me -Bing(??wtf??)- that for you! Yea, they have a seemingly large amount of failures with the button.

What's a large amount of failures?

Even if 30000 people have this problem in a year, that's only a 0.1% failure rate (on a 3GS).

You want to know why there is more press coverage of Apple than those other news you ranted about? Hmm, let's see:

Advanced Micro Devices: $8.40 average daily volume: $185million
Nvidia: $23.63 average daily volume: $481 million
Verizon Communications Inc: $35.77 average daily volume: $628 million
Intel Corp: $21.27 average daily volume:$1.1 billion
Microsoft Corp: $28.25 average daily volume: $1.6 billion

Apple: $346.34 average daily volume: $5.2 billion
Even if you combined all of the above companies stock or average trading volume values, Apple would still eclipse them all. When one company alone is responsible for over $5 billion dollars worth of trade everyone pays attention to any minor thing they do.

Smart man... free lesson.

without the home button, they can make the screen bigger.
more real estate.
it probably would make it more reliable with everything being touch-based.

You're complaining about the very thing you do nearly every day, Steve. A person who shoots out nine kids shouldn't express annoyance with overpopulation just as 'new writers' who post stories about Apple on a daily basis shouldn't express annoyance with Apple stealing the focus from more 'important' stories.

You help to propagate the stories and you complain about how much the stories you're propagating are being propagated. You realize how little sense this makes, right?

Meta-complaint. +1

It's a cross-licensing agreement. Intel is paying nV $1.5B over 5 years to maintain a six year agreement for licensing and patent use, minus a few specific types of technology to which Intel will not give access. It's a major deal and it's huge for the industry, not the least affected will be Apple since this deal is likely to finally produce some low end Intel CPUs that aren't locked to Intel's crappy IGP. I'm sure Apple would like to be able to offer something newer than a C2D on the lower end of their laptop lineup, but their battery life and performance is greatly aided by [a version of] nVidia Optimus.

There are obviously much larger OEM builders than Apple, but none to my knowledge who are so tied up with nVidia and Intel in approximately 2/5ths of their business.

ahh ok so potential cpu's could have maybe a 260gtx kind of IGP? apple make cpu's too?

o and does this mean SLI will only work with intel boards? or are we going to see significant fps increase on nv cards slotted in a intel board?

ahh ok so potential cpu's could have maybe a 260gtx kind of IGP? apple make cpu's too?

o and does this mean SLI will only work with intel boards? or are we going to see significant fps increase on nv cards slotted in a intel board?

It would be a higher end solution, but yes; the broader part of the market would be in low and mid range solutions, similar in power to a low end i5 + GT 330M.

This development could indicate a return to nV chipsets on Intel boards, although nV has shown little interest--in the interim--in developing new chipsets with AMD boards; there has been a rehash or two of the old nForce 780 on AM3 boards, but nothing significant.

Intel licensing has always been challenging for nV to work with, and around, but the recent period of legal troubles has all but killed nForce. My three previous motherboards were nForce and I've been waiting to upgrade in hopes of a new release.

Apple does design its own CPUs for the mobile space, as well as silicon in laptops and mobile, but they are manufactured by Samsung.

lets go back to one button mice too!

We could go back to the many years when Apple Macs had mice but you couldn't find one on a PC anywhere. I remember a friend showing me how awesome King's Quest was on the PC Jr. keyboard, lol

What if it freezes? How will a hard reset work?

HOLY SHIT: Some people are going to loose their way back home now, hopefully apple has guides to show them the way back home.

Apple totally stole the idea from Android. After all, this decision came a couple of weeks after Andy Rubin showed off a button-less Android tablet on that dive into mobile conference.

I totally agree, this is the only reason i hate them, They call their products innovative but most of their products are based on tech thats already 1 - 5 years old. Then they "refresh" their stuff 1 year later with a similar idea but add like 1or 2 more features to an already dated product. I wish people would understand that, i give them total props for marketing though i swear they have the best marketing team in the world.

It's not just about having the newest tech, it's about the implementation. Apple would rather leave out a function than have an underperforming function.

Do you carry your keyboard in your pocket through mud and sweat and humidity and sun year round?
Hey, my 20 year old IBM buckling spring keyboard has been through a lot more than that, and it still works great.. :)

We get it Steve. You don't like Apple. Move on already.

So you made a news story about Apple saying they get too many news stories? That seems, illogical at best.

^These.

SO FUNNY! These are the same awesome, hilarious people that brought us this.http://www.theonion.com/video/ultrarealistic-modern-warfare-game-features-awaiti,14382/

Nothing is funnier than disrespecting the soldiers that risk their lives and work so hard to keep up safe!

I like the idea of a cleaner, buttonless interface (a la The Onion Wheel, I admit it), but part of why I like the home button on my ipod is that I can double-tap it to bring up the music options while I'm taking off my gloves in the winter. Guess I'll need to finally play around with that conductive thread.

Apple totally stole the idea from Android. After all, this decision came a couple of weeks after Andy Rubin showed off a button-less Android tablet on that dive into mobile conference.

I'm sure it takes a little longer than a couple weeks to fully create the gestures to replace the home button. Gestures which appear to be included with the next iOS update which happens to be what sparked this rumor in the first place.

Anyone have a good link to the microsoft Arm story? I searched her for "microsoft arm" but most intresting is about licensing of the technology from last year, I didn't no search windows 8 probably because I want my free win7 to last forever :D

http://www.theonion.com/video/ultrarealistic-modern-warfare-game-features-awaiti,14382/[/url]

Nothing is funnier than disrespecting the soldiers that risk their lives and work so hard to keep up safe!

Can you point out the disrespect? I watched the clip, but must have missed it.

The funny thing is that the "breaking news" isn't even news, it's speculation that probably won't happen

SO FUNNY! These are the same awesome, hilarious people that brought us this.http://www.theonion.com/video/ultrarealistic-modern-warfare-game-features-awaiti,14382/

You didn't get the joke. They are making fun of games that claim to be realistic. A famous quote is that, "Soldiering is 99% boredom and 1% sheer terror." Most of the time front line soldiers aren't actually fighting. Also for every soldier fighting on the front lines there are something like 8 men in support.

That video was awesome. I don't know any soldiers that didn't laugh their asses off(and maybe cry a little inside because it is all true) when they watched it. I know quite a few soldiers, I only spent 8years in the Army....

Back